Help? Gucci at saks

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    I wanted to order the gucci sukey at SAKs but when I got there she said its only in the canvas with white trim leather and the price was over 1000/ I know the on line it say 850. Can the price be different at saks then gucci.com? I know that the sukey comes in the guccissma in black, beige, black, white. Can the SA search other SAkS store for a particular color? I walked out with a off white guccissma d- gold tote which I think is too large for me. I want to return it and order the sukey medium or the guccissma web . Sometimes I feel they don't want to seach other store

2. Yes, they can go on line and check the availability of the other Saks stores...if they're in the mood! I also had the D-ring in the Guccissima but it had a defective zipper and I sent it back (FedEX insured) then I ordered the same bag again to replace it and the leather wasn't the same, it was thick and not very soft so I returned it too! I am like you and looking for the Suki instead. I do like the one with the white trim plus it's lighter weight than the Guccissima leather. Godd Luck:smile:

3. My SA at NM said that the look book for the large canvas sukey said it was going to be $1205 but when it came in - it was ticketed at $850. Which is a great price for that size of a bag! Too bad they won't research it for you - it clearly says on the Gucci website that the price is $850.

4. sometimes we know more then the SA. We the consumer always research the item esp if its $$$. When I went to saks the SA said its 1295. I guess I was hesitate to say I thought it was 850. Also, I was looking at one of the other style bags and I knew it came in another color and of course she insisted it only came in black. That drove me crazy. I think sometimes you do have to be like assertive (and not come across as you know ..a ) and hopefully they work with you.