HELP! Got 2 RM's in the mail, both have problems!

pursekidd

banned till spring!
Jan 15, 2009
SO I haven't been waiting that long for these, but to my hearts desire I received the following today:

- Brown Croc Mini Nikki
- Jamie Wallet in Navy Trio

So the problem with the Croc mini nikki is that its extremely stiff!! I put all my stuff in, thinking it would weigh it down, but it didn't. It just stood straight up. Does anyone have this, and will it stay like this forever?!

Now for the Jamie wallet...the leather on the inside where the CC's are kept, is ruined! Instead of being the beautiful navy its supposed to be, its lightened to a faded blue, with a tinge of white. I got this off ebay and the pics did not look like this. I've contacted the seller to see what we can do, but I'm so sad.

:crybaby:

The croc leather is a stiffer leather. It is meant to be that way. It may soften a teeny tiny tad but, but this leather was intentionally meant to be more structured.

Sorry to hear your new purchases were not what you expected. I don't have a croc mini Nikki so I can't speak from experience, but maybe give it a few days to see if it'll break in? Other ladies in the forum have suggested putting light weights into the Nikki and hanging it overnight to help quicken the process. Maybe you should try?

Hopefully the seller will be able to help with the wallet.

On the bright side, you have the adorable pup (from your avatar) who can cheer you up today!

Desi, I think your right. All my RM's are softer leathers, so I think I should give it a fair chance.

And tresjoliebags your right, my adorable pup waited anxiously as I ripped open the box and package. And gave me a big kiss, so I can't really complain!

I'm going to try the light weights in the bag! Great Idea!

Sorry to hear about the issues....I would contact the seller and demand a refund...file a SNAD claim or something. If they did not show the "wear" in the auction then it was not as described. You should be able to return that.
As far as the bag...hopefully it will soften up some.

I heard someone say that there brown croc MAM softened up.. it wasn't too long ago either. I think it was Lexi! She has a mam and said that her bag wasn't that stiff so you should give it a chance! I personally like to have a variety of leathers like Desi..

UPDATE:

So the seller responded VERY quickly and mentioned that she noticed this with some of the wallets and called RM directly. Not sure what it is but she instructed me to use a blowdryer and warm up the leather and it should wipe away. Very hesitant, I did it, and IT WENT AWAY! AMAZING! She said that it usually happens in colder climates....No kidding. Its like -11 here in Toronto today! LOL!

In terms of the Jamie...PROBLEM SOLVED!

Attachments

• IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 33
And here she is...My new Mini Nikki. A little stiff, but maybe shes not used to Canada yet...It is pretty cold here! I'm going to have to show her some TLC!

Attachments

• IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG