Help! Givenchy mini antigona strap breaking!

mockey999

Oct 26, 2020
Hi everyone! I just purchased a pre loved mini antigona and the strap has some wear bit on the stitching. I am afraid it will break. Does anyone know how this will hold up? The store is allowing me to return because this flaw wasn’t disclosed. Any advice?

14FF673C-79F6-4A67-AE26-8992FDADA668.jpeg

2EE2CC73-3A75-4363-A608-41BFD6255950.jpeg

I don't have the Antigona, but I think this tear will only get worse with time. Especially if you put something heavy in the bag.

If you just bought the bag, I think it'd be best to return it. Unless you got a really, really good deal on it and you're OK with taking it to a repair shop or sending it to Givenchy for repair - if they offer that kind of service.

Reactions: mockey999
I don't have the Antigona, but I think this tear will only get worse with time. Especially if you put something heavy in the bag.

If you just bought the bag, I think it'd be best to return it. Unless you got a really, really good deal on it and you're OK with taking it to a repair shop or sending it to Givenchy for repair - if they offer that kind of service.

I agree! If the price was amazing, send it in for repairs. If the price was more average, return it. Don't use it as it is for very long or it might really break.

Reactions: mockey999
Yep I would definitely return it. I once got a Saint Laurent Sac de Jour from the boutique...and then I noticed that the logo was strangely lower than almost all of the bags I'd seen online and in person. I returned it because it made me self-conscious that people would think it was fake (I'm sure nobody would care or notice, but it bothered me). The salesperson thought it was a batch that came out differently. They exchanged it with no problems or attitude, so I was happy! I think when buying designer bags, if you're not 100% happy, don't do it, unless it's like 80% off and worth it!

Yep I would definitely return it. I once got a Saint Laurent Sac de Jour from the boutique...and then I noticed that the logo was strangely lower than almost all of the bags I'd seen online and in person. I returned it because it made me self-conscious that people would think it was fake (I'm sure nobody would care or notice, but it bothered me). The salesperson thought it was a batch that came out differently. They exchanged it with no problems or attitude, so I was happy! I think when buying designer bags, if you're not 100% happy, don't do it, unless it's like 80% off and worth it!
Thank you! I did return it. The RealReal was very nice about it. Still looking for my perfect bag. :smile: