Help! Gift for DH!

nina1813

O.G.
Jan 2, 2010
Hi Ladies! Tomorrow I'm planning to buy a Louis Vuitton wallet for my DH. I just want to know your opinions about the MONO print, is it too girly for men? I'm planning to get the Mono Billfold with 9 cc slots. TIA!

noonoo07 said:
Have u considered Damier Graphite by chance? I think its more "manly" than regualr Mono. Just my opinion! Good luck on ur decision!! :smile:

I did but they don't have the Billfold w/ 9 cc slots on Graphite print but I will definitely check tomorrow. Thanks for your reply!

I feel that the mono is too much associated with women's handbags, so it might be too "girly." Its the most recognizable LV pattern and women all over the streets carry that design (real or fake). I also think the damier graphite is more classy for men

unless your dh is into logos, it might be too flashy? what about a leather wallet? I just got my hubby an lv taiga wallet, and it was even less expensive than some of the canvas choices! It had at least 9 cc slots too, I believe. just something to consider. have fun choosing! :smile:

I'm currently using a new DG wallet, but I must say, I think I prefer my older Taiga one. I think Taiga is perfect for men because it's not flashy at all--just a discreetly embossed "LV."

My husband also wears taiga leather wallet and likes the leather.
And one of my friends once fold me about her discussion with her 23y.o. son, who loves and wears LV -according to his opinion mono is more for gays. Probably as was said above that usually monogram is worn by women as it is the most seen and known pattern in the streets....
Go for taiga wallet:P

We looked briefly at men's wallets a few weeks ago. The SA mentioned that the coated canvas probably wouldn't work for my DH because he carries in his back pocket. She said the canvas can crack really easily when guys wear it in the back pocket...when I buy DH one I will do leather.

I don't think Mono is too 'girly', though it's less understated and therefore seen generally as less masculine than Damier. However I've seen very masculine men pull it off very well. I think it just depends how comfortable a guy is with it. If he's not too flashy, how about Damier? Ebene is just as masculine as Graphite, IMO.