Help! Found my first Chanel but having some doubts!

LizzieLV

Jan 13, 2018
Hi All,

I am looking into my first Chanel which I thought would be a WOC but I'm still not 100% sure if it is functional enough (they are so gorgeous though!!!) and I stumbled across this stunning Camera Bag in my searches, however, I was just wanting some opinions on the stitching of the corners of the bag because I am stressing that it will fall apart in no time.

Thank you all in advance!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 6.22.16 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 6.22.16 pm.png
    592.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 6.22.47 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 6.22.47 pm.png
    742.5 KB · Views: 1,017
Also, the bag is from Fashionphile and I can see that it was recently sold and then obviously returned. Do you think I should be worried about that?
For me , especially if it's yr first chanel it seems a bit risky ... it's too much money to spend over something thayts not in great condition .
I bought my first chanel last week. Was saving up for a year . I bought a woc . I checked out vestiaire/preloved etc and I would consider buying the ones in excellent or like new condition . But the prices were not much reduced . Like maybe a 100-200 dollars cheaper . So I just waited / saved some more and got it new .

Anyhow sorry for rambling . I'm sure more experienced customers can give their view but I feel like the stitching is a bit loose and yes the return puts doubt in my mind . Sorry . Hope that helps

Reactions: tsmtl and LizzieLV
For me , especially if it's yr first chanel it seems a bit risky ... it's too much money to spend over something thayts not in great condition .
I bought my first chanel last week. Was saving up for a year . I bought a woc . I checked out vestiaire/preloved etc and I would consider buying the ones in excellent or like new condition . But the prices were not much reduced . Like maybe a 100-200 dollars cheaper . So I just waited / saved some more and got it new .

Anyhow sorry for rambling . I'm sure more experienced customers can give their view but I feel like the stitching is a bit loose and yes the return puts doubt in my mind . Sorry . Hope that helps
You have helped so much! What colour WOC did you go with?

You have helped so much! What colour WOC did you go with?

Black in the trendy cc design. I feel it's different looking yet a classic . A woc also really holds its value well. Like if u buy one in a good condition and use it for a year or two u could probably resell it for maybe only a 100 less .
Like I am not interested in reselling but at the moment it helps to know that if I have spend £2300 on something then it's not suddenly going to be worth nothing in a year or two .

Also it can be dressed down and up. Like hold it as a clutch or even wear double chained to an evening event . And crossbody for casual . I think Nicole Richie was wearing it for some red carpet event once . That's where I first saw it and thought hey that looks nice .
Probably can't fit as much ... but a phone ..wallet/card holder . Keys . Lipstick . That would easily fit

Reactions: LizzieLV
Personally regardless of first Chanel or not I would hold off until you find something that you love. Chanel’s (new or pre- loved) cost a lot of money and you should be 100% satisfied with your purchase! Good luck with whatever you end up with!!! And congratulations on your first Chanel! It’s a slippery slope once you start!

I ask WHY do you want a WOC and WHY do you want to buy this bag? I love my woc and it is one of my most used bags. i didn't buy it because it was in my budget, but because i thought it was practical, so for me, it was worth every cent. Is this bag your dream bag? Is a WOC your dream bag?

I ask WHY do you want a WOC and WHY do you want to buy this bag? I love my woc and it is one of my most used bags. i didn't buy it because it was in my budget, but because i thought it was practical, so for me, it was worth every cent. Is this bag your dream bag? Is a WOC your dream bag?

Definitely something to ask myself! Thank you!

Reactions: susanq
Hi All,

I am looking into my first Chanel which I thought would be a WOC but I'm still not 100% sure if it is functional enough (they are so gorgeous though!!!) and I stumbled across this stunning Camera Bag in my searches, however, I was just wanting some opinions on the stitching of the corners of the bag because I am stressing that it will fall apart in no time.

Thank you all in advance!!! :biggrin:

I think you can’t go wrong with a woc. So classic and fits a lot more than u would think !! I wear mine constantly. Easy to transition day to night!! Good luck [emoji173]️

I think you can’t go wrong with a woc. So classic and fits a lot more than u would think !! I wear mine constantly. Easy to transition day to night!! Good luck [emoji173]️
Yes I love the woc for its ability to actually look appropriate for evening too. Put the chain in and hold like a clutch . . And for casual day wear . All I really need is a card , keys and a phone !

I love WOCs but the classic design never appealed to me. There are a lot of amazing WOC designs over the years that you can find on the second hand market. My favorite WOC is my Blue and Black one below called Elegant CC.

img_3801-jpg.3945040