Help for improving skin tone and color!

I just bought a night moisturizer from Neutrogena that is supposed to even out skin tone.. last night was my first time trying it. I'll let you know how it goes! (and the name the next time I'm in my room!)

I just bought a night moisturizer from Neutrogena that is supposed to even out skin tone.. last night was my first time trying it. I'll let you know how it goes! (and the name the next time I'm in my room!)

Wow, I just realized I left out whole WORDS out of that last post :lol:

Anyway,its called Neutrogena Visibly Even from their Healthy Skin line...it has Retinol and Essential Soy and Vitamin C which "boosts radiance"

So, we'll see! :yes:

philosophy microdelivery peel has made a real difference in my skin tone. makeupalley.com is a great resource for researching new products and getting consumer feedback regarding every skin type and brand, from drugstore to high end.

I am now using Aveda products and swear by them...I used Lancome for a long time and looking back my skin broke out all the time and was always shiny/oily.....I am faithful about washing my face with an exfoliante twice a day...I use antioxidant serums for day and night...masks twice a week and a heavy exfoliating every 10 days.....My skin is even, smooth, and very soft...minimal pimples (lol I'm 40 now and can't believe I would even get them anymore!!)..I do get a facial every 5-6 weeks.....I think the ticket is hydration, antioxidants topically and orally (I take vitamins every day) and keeping up on exfoliating....And remember...good skin doesn't happen over night..It takes time to see results and discipline to keep it up.....:heart: Emmy

what aveda products you recommend emmy?

I use the Radiance Fluid after I wash my face....Then Aveda eye cream...I also use the tourmaline oil free moisturizer....I had the Botanical facial series done in hte spring..then went on ebay and purchased the exfoliating scrub they use that isn't available for purchase to the public....I use that about every ten days....Makes a HUGE difference...My fine lines have seriously diminished and my skin is velvet smooth...I use the tourmaline charged mask 2x's a week....At night I skip the oil free moisturizer and use a serum called Night Nutrients.....When I started the botanical series (exfoliating facial every 2 weeks for 2 months...) and started using Aveda I noticed an immediate improvement in texture...I steadily noticed an improvement and my skin now is the best it's ever been (knock on wood)....Even skin tone, smooth, lines and aging less noticeable...... I am 40 so I do have some expression lines now and I obviously don't have the skin I had 20 years ago....But at least people still think I'm in my thirties....Skin care is discipline...Some times I have to force myself to do it at night b/c I'm tired but once I start I'm good to go...Plus I look presentable in the am! Oh and I take 800 I.U. of vitamin E daily and a Flintstone chewable vitamin! - No kidding I love the way they taste!!! And I also noticed even more improvement after about a month after taking the vitamin E faithfully...LOTS of research going on right now regarding antioxidants.....I think what they are saying has a lot of truth..... :heart: Emmy

emmy - oh yeah, my mom and dad keeps on telling me to take vitamin e, but never did. i may have to rethink that.

i have a problem on my forehead, it's redder than the rest of my face. i used the queen helene mask last night, and my cheeks were all glowing, my forehead seems to be stubborn, it's still a bit red. now im thinking of getting the murad recovery therapy for redness. im just not sure if it's called rosacea-like redness or sun damage or pigmentation or whatever it is.

I am 32 and went to the dermatologist for this exact problem about 4 months ago. She highly recomended philosophy products. "hope in a Jar" is amazing. My husband even noticed the difference in my skin. I have been using their makeup optional skin care kit. Try it you wont be sorry!:yahoo:

I am 32 and went to the dermatologist for this exact problem about 4 months ago. She highly recomended philosophy products. "hope in a Jar" is amazing. My husband even noticed the difference in my skin. I have been using their makeup optional skin care kit. Try it you wont be sorry!:yahoo:

I cant wait til Sephora opens here!! :love:

hey vicki! i bought the Visibly Even Peel as well. i have it on right now, will see later how it goes when i wash my face and then put night concentrate..

how often do you use the peel? or what is recommended?

Oh, I only have the Visibly Even night concentrate! :shame: I've never tried the peel but I have been looking for a good peel mask... how is it? I may have to try it out with you!

And btw, so far so good with the night concentrate moisturizer! :yes: