Help for Chanel Reissue so black glazed calfskin

raynah

Nov 18, 2016
Hi ladies, I just got this reissue 226 beauty and my SA said she did not see this bag a long long time. Luck me, I got it!

But I need your help if you also have this kind of so black bag. have 2 questions: 1 will the chain fade? 2. Will this bag too shiny? and or will the shiny fade off later?

I am thinking to return this bag now!!!!! So sad, cannot stopping miss this baby right now!! Please give me some good points that I should keep this one!!!!!!!

Attachments

• chanel-2.55-reissue-so-black-bag.jpg
    chanel-2.55-reissue-so-black-bag.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,053
Reactions: Passau
Hi ladies, I just got this reissue 226 beauty and my SA said she did not see this bag a long long time. Luck me, I got it!

But I need your help if you also have this kind of so black bag. have 2 questions: 1 will the chain fade? 2. Will this bag too shiny? and or will the shiny fade off later?

I am thinking to return this bag now!!!!! So sad, cannot stopping miss this baby right now!! Please give me some good points that I should keep this one!!!!!!!

I own this bag in the maxi size. The shiny finish will definitely NOT fade. As for the durability of this chain I can only say my bag has held up perfectly well. At the time I purchased this bag, about three years ago, there was a lot of chatter on the blog about the chain chipping or not wearing well. You need to track down past posts to see if this concern is valid. From the tone of your post I would return the bag. Get something you will use without any of these concerns. On a personal note I do not "baby" my bags. I wear and enjoy and you should, too!

This is my personal opinion, I do not like glazed leather, I been told by my SA glazed leather once damaged it can't be repaired similar to patent. GL with your decision!

• Thanks
Reactions: J.A.N.
I have a Reissue camera bag with BHW (circa 2008-09) in a similar glazed calfskin - the leather finish is still going strong plus no chipping on the chain.whatsoever (but interesting to note that the Reissue chains have gone thinner hence lighter on the more recent years of So Black bags)

I have the same one in 225 that I got 2 years ago. It still looks like the day I got it. The shine on it has not changed and the chains are good. Whenever I visit the Chanel store with it, there is always at least one customer that attempts to hold it. I was also at LV and one of the SA's tried to touch which kind of shocked me. I've learned to just wear it while trying on other bags...lol. I love everything about it. It is a 'so black' style with a punch because of the shine. I dont feel like its delicate like lambskin. I like that it also does not attract fingerprints which was a nice surprise to me. I had a chance to get other so black styles but I love this one :smile:

If you're not loving it or have too many concerns with it, then maybe you should not keep it. Good luck deciding!

• Wow
Reactions: coquette_ish
Does anyone have experience with this bag in the rain? I have been afraid to try but it seems like the glazed calfskin would be OK as long as it's not pouring.

This is my personal opinion, I do not like glazed leather, I been told by my SA glazed leather once damaged it can't be repaired similar to patent. GL with your decision!
Just a note. I have a beige glazed lamb classic flap that I had refreshed to even up the color (sunshine faded parts of the bag). Leather Surgeons did a wonderful job. So glazed leather can be serviced. It's iridescent leathers (along with patent, washed caviar, in the mix and many suedes) that can't be serviced easily if at all.:smile: