Help for a novice! hehe

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, Im totally new to this forum and have a predicament I need your help with.

My neighbor does not have internet access and brought me a Coach bag that he would like to sell. He said he bought it in Vegas a few years ago for close to 300.00...his wife decided to let his 2 yr old daughter use it as a crayon bag and he swiped it. Anywho, he doesnt know what kind of bag or have receipts or anything for it.

Its small handbag style, its embossed with an imprint that says "Coach Leatherware est. 1941" and its like a purple/mauve color with brown satin coach logo liner inside. It doesnt say anything else or have tags inside. Im not an expensive purse person so I dont know a thing. Ive done a few searches online for "coach leatherware purple suede handbags" and havent come up with anything that looks like this bag.

Can anyone please help me figure out what kind of bag this is? I would greatly appreciate it.

Christy

2. Can you upload a pic of the bag? Is there a sewn-in leather patch inside, known as the "creed," that has some numbers and letters on it (the serial number)? If so, can you tell us those serial numbers?

3. here are some pics, thanks =)

Attached Files:

4. what does the creed patch inside say?

5. No way he spent $300 on that.

6. I was just thinking the same thing. :P

7. LOL~I know my personal opinion doesnt matter here, but when he told me that I about **** my pants! I didnt know purses were that expensive at all. Of course my sister is big into Coach and she has spent lots more than that on bags, so I wasnt sure...but he said somewhere around 275.00 a few years ago.

There is no creed tag and my sis says thats probably because its a pouch bag and that its older. But she says by looking at the pics that its likely authentic.

How much do you think I could sell it for on craigslist? Or do you think it can even be sold at all?

8. Well, I have spent that much for a bag before. I said that I don't think he paid that much, because that size bag wouldn't cost that much full retail.

9. It can definitely be sold. I'd say around $50

10. I agree, I would probably put it at $75 OBO and hope for $50.

11. Thank you So much ladies! You guys and my sis have really helped me out today! I was completely lost!

12. Hi. It is what Coach calls a pouch. It can be carried as a small handbag or could be used as a cosmetic case. At full price it could have been from $128-178. On sale - around $58-$78 give or take.

13. Je suis d'accord.