HELP!! first Bbag colour advice

fancyrush

Jun 3, 2010
Hi lovely ladies,
I'm planning to purchase my first bbag. However coz have to order it online I can't see the colours IRL. If any of you Bbag experts give some advice on the colours that'll be a great favour!!

So I want a city RHW. I know the black are safe but since I own a Chanel and Prada both are black.....I'm thinking it's time to get sth different. Now my choice are: Coquelicot (red) , Bleu Lavande (Blue-light purple), Or maybe Anthracite(dark Gray-ish) ?? I want the bbag to be used both casually or work (occasionally)

Any of you have any advice?? i would love to hear. TIA:biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you both!!

I agree! I ordered sight unseen the Coquelicot from Bal.com in the RH City and it was gorgeous! The leather was stunning/amazing.
I returned it only coz I am too hesitant to wear bright colors.

Thanks Hermancat, yea I have looked at pix on TPF and the colour is stunning! But I'm like you, kinda a dark colour gal, I'm not sure whether the red would be too bright for me or difficult to match my outfit...or maybe is the right choice to make a move from the dark colours....delimma haha...

So which one is more versatille/easier to match clothes? the Coquelicot or BleuLavande ??

Thank you both!!

Thanks Hermancat, yea I have looked at pix on TPF and the colour is stunning! But I'm like you, kinda a dark colour gal, I'm not sure whether the red would be too bright for me or difficult to match my outfit...or maybe is the right choice to make a move from the dark colours....delimma haha...

So which one is more versatille/easier to match clothes? the Coquelicot or BleuLavande ??

I would say Coquelicot is more versatile. Red can be used almost as a neutral.

I think red too - it is a great color and doesn't 'match' so it is a really nice complement to an outfit.
I love it on other people, just can't seem to do it myself.

Thanks so much ladies...still being undecisive haha ...hope I could try it IRL ....Just worried to get sth that doesn't fit me well.....

Keep the suggestion up, I'm glad to hear from you lovely ladies.

I will say: I think Coq is a pretty easy red to wear; however, I have yet to find a red bag that works with me. I have very fair, cool-toned skin and found the Coq brought out every pink vein in my skin. It was terrible; the only way I'd be able to wear it would be with long sleeves, tights, or pants - and I really didn't want a bag, that was just a cool-weather bag - hence, why I went with the BL.

But again, I find all reds very difficult to pull off. Coq. is beautiful; I think no matter what colour you go for, a great love for Bal will result :yes:.

What's in your wardrobe - dark or light colored outfits? If dark, I would suggest a brighter color like Coquelicot. If light or a variety then you can go for BL or Anthra. I have an Anthra RH and a Sang SGH (Blood red which is not as vibrant as Coq). Anthra works for almost every outfit but I sometimes find it a bit too dull with my dark outfit, as if I disappear into the background. Sang is a beautiful neutral red which I use a lot to brighten up my outfits. Coq is a bit too bright for my liking but brights always bring a smile on my face. FYI my first Bal was the red Sang so don't be afraid to be adventurous =)

What's in your wardrobe - dark or light colored outfits? If dark, I would suggest a brighter color like Coquelicot. If light or a variety then you can go for BL or Anthra. I have an Anthra RH and a Sang SGH (Blood red which is not as vibrant as Coq). Anthra works for almost every outfit but I sometimes find it a bit too dull with my dark outfit, as if I disappear into the background. Sang is a beautiful neutral red which I use a lot to brighten up my outfits. Coq is a bit too bright for my liking but brights always bring a smile on my face. FYI my first Bal was the red Sang so don't be afraid to be adventurous =)

Thandks Madeofdreams~ well mostly my wardrobe is in a dark tone, but I do add some variety colours such as green, blue, yellow etc, but I don't really have lots of light colours like white, beige or pink.....I'm still thinking which Bbag will work best for my wardrobe haha :biggrin:

My first bal was an anthracite work rh and everytime I bring it out, my heart skips a beat. Anthracite is a nice dark grey. It can, however have blue or green undertones. I like the anthracite from 2011. Mine is from '09. I find that it goes with almost everything, except for a pair of grey boots I have.

Although it is a dark neutral, it does pop depending on what you wear it with.

Best of luck with your choice!