HELP finding wallet with SILVER hardware

plumaplomb

O.G.
Dec 10, 2008
Hey TPFers! I was wondering whether this wallet came with silver, not gold, hardware.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Salvatore-Ferragamo-Gancini-Icona-Continental-Wallet-Red/prod160570341_cat40760753__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat40760753%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D120%2526Ns%253DPCS_SORT%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod160570341&cmCat=product

If not, can anyone direct me to a Ferragamo wallet that is bright red with silver hardware? It is a gift and I don't think she likes the Vara bow detail. Thank you so much! :biggrin::P:cool:

Hi Plumaplomb
The Icona wallet is all gold in this style unless you black. The black version is the only one with silver hardware.

For something red without Vara bows and with silver hardware, I could suggest the Mediterraneo range, which is the pebbled leather. However, I would not say that the red is a true red, more a berry red.

Good luck with your search!

E x

Hi Plumaplomb
The Icona wallet is all gold in this style unless you black. The black version is the only one with silver hardware.

For something red without Vara bows and with silver hardware, I could suggest the Mediterraneo range, which is the pebbled leather. However, I would not say that the red is a true red, more a berry red.

Good luck with your search!

E x
Thanks so much! I found it on the Bloomie's website. This looks perfect, but I'm worried about the berry color you mention. The website looks to be a true red, but is this misleading?

http://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/salvatore-ferragamo-wallet-mediterraneo-vitello?ID=790144&upc_ID=1640946&Quantity=1&seqNo=1&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

Thanks so much! I found it on the Bloomie's website. This looks perfect, but I'm worried about the berry color you mention. The website looks to be a true red, but is this misleading?

Hello again!

The colour I was referring to I think is probably last season's and is definitely a lot more raspberry. The link you have attached is definitely not the same, this version looks far more like a true red! It's gorgeous!

Let us know if you get it!

E x

If I understand my SA correctly, colored (i.e., not black) leather usually/always comes with gold hardware.

It really depends on the leather; you'll see plenty of colored leather SLGs in the Mediterraneo group (Sofia, Fanisa, etc...in pebbled calfskin) with silver hardware. In the past, there have been colored SLGs in the Icona group (saffiano leather, like the one in the original post) with silver hardware as well.