Help finding the Perfect size Coach handbag, pls :)

Hi fellow Coach lovers! I am on a mission to find the perfect sized (preferably Legacy) bag for me to use on an ongoing basis (I only change bags every couple of months). I'm hoping with all of the Coach loving experience out there, lots of women can pass on their observations and experiences; possibly some photos to show size reference?

I buy what I love and sometimes it's not always too functional. I know you know what I'm talking bout lol

I'm looking for something that will be lightweight and have enough room for an iPad. Molly looks amazing but if you carry her as a shoulder bag do the handles get in the way? The whole handle/strap thing confuses me. Is it an asset or a hindrance?

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts and suggestions :smile:. It's only after using a bag for a length of time that you really find out if she's functional or not!

Hi fellow Coach lovers! I am on a mission to find the perfect sized (preferably Legacy) bag for me to use on an ongoing basis (I only change bags every couple of months). I'm hoping with all of the Coach loving experience out there, lots of women can pass on their observations and experiences; possibly some photos to show size reference?

I buy what I love and sometimes it's not always too functional. I know you know what I'm talking bout lol

I'm looking for something that will be lightweight and have enough room for an iPad. Molly looks amazing but if you carry her as a shoulder bag do the handles get in the way? The whole handle/strap thing confuses me. Is it an asset or a hindrance?

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts and suggestions :smile:. It's only after using a bag for a length of time that you really find out if she's functional or not!
I have been carrying the black cherry sig stripe Molly for a few weeks now. I am really happy with the size for what I carry. I love satchels and don't mind carrying it by hand or on my arm. I haven't worn it on the shoulder, but I would just tuck the handles down and don't think it would be a bother. The Courtenay is a perfect shoulder bag for me, too. The front turnlock pocket on that one is really convenient.

Since getting into coach I have discovered that I much prefer a shoulder bag, like Isabelle, a duffle or Courtenay style. I love the look of a satchel but its not the most comfortable way for me to carry a purse so I find that my satchels don't get pulled out so much.
The Courtney probably offers the best of all choices, shoulder, cross body, hand and arm carry and of course they have so many colors to pick from.....if you aren't set on it being a legacy then I would look at Isabelle or a Madison tote. Soft smoochy leather, easy to carry and an array of colors to choose from....they are both big enough to carry essentials and a bit more without being overly large .

The handles don't get in the way (if you fold them down) but the shoulder strap is a little awkward for me. I have the leather Molly and I'm hoping that it breaks in and gets a little slouchier to help with that. I'd probably make happen quicker if I could put the duffles down and carry her more. I think the Courtenay would be another nice option too. It's a gorgeous bag and I love the turn lock hardware. Do you like duffles at all? It's probably my favorite bag style right now. I never carry enough to fill it up completely but I love the way the leather slouches. Some say its heavy but I personally don't think that it is. The thick strap makes it sit comfy on my shoulder without it digging into my arm. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Oooooh, I love Courtney too! What's in that mysterious front turn lock pocket?

I keep my keys in it. I have two sets: personal home/car and work keys. Most would probably keep their phone in it. I'm not a big cell talker/texter, so that goes in an interior pocket. I really only use my phone a few times a day to touch base with my boyfriend and for emergencies.

I was gonna suggest the duffle since you want legacy and it distributes the weight nicely. I dont think its ideal for the ipad though.. What about one of the new saffiano totes?

I agree about Courtenay. She'll allow for your iPad and many other items. I also agree that you should consider a Madison Isabelle also great for room and and versatility of use. If you don't care about using it as a crossbody, the Poppy glam totes also accommodate a lot.

I agree about the Courtenay! It is easy to carry, stylish, and holds a lot. In the outer pocket of mine I keep gum, lip balm and small things like that. I'm not trusting enough to put something valuable like my cell phone in there!