Help find the birth year of my 1st LV

cocolv

Sep 4, 2015
I need your help. I'm not trying to authenticate or sell. This was my very first LV that started my passion. I BELIEVE it was given to me in the mid 70's. My uncle lived in NYC & knew someone that worked for LV. I've read that there were no date codes b/4 the 80's so I'm trying to figure out how to get the birth year on my little first born [emoji1]. See attached pics & let me know what you think. Thanks
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1451232900.637475.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1451232917.920314.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1451232932.636545.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1451232945.619082.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1451232960.570006.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1451232972.252365.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1451232983.819885.jpg

Now the interesting thing is the inside pocket zipper reads "k&k".

The reason I even ask is my niece got a pre-loved LV from her husband of the year she was born. I thought that was so thoughtful & started wondering about the age of my first.

Let me know your thoughts. It would be most appreciated to know its history. Thanks

Well it kind of looks like the Jeune Fille which I know dates back to atleast the 80's but even though it kind of resembles it there are many differences. I'm not sure exactly which bag this would be or if it was an earlier model of the Jeune Fille.

Good luck on your search for answers.

Well it kind of looks like the Jeune Fille which I know dates back to atleast the 80's but even though it kind of resembles it there are many differences. I'm not sure exactly which bag this would be or if it was an earlier model of the Jeune Fille.

Good luck on your search for answers.

Thanks. I'm no spring [emoji215]so I could have my decades wrong but I do think I received in the flower - power 70's [emoji254][emoji272]. I appreciate your input, I feel like Columbo on an investigation [emoji363][emoji362][emoji368][emoji162] [emoji137]🏻I'll start with my first lead; the Jeune Fille or younger cousin....T/Y

This bag has many signs of a counterfeit item.
Maybe you should post in the authentification thread just to get feedback from our experts? Just a suggestion.

Maybe you should post in the authentification thread just to get feedback from our experts? Just a suggestion.

I think that is a good suggestion.

Thanks. I'm no spring [emoji215]so I could have my decades wrong but I do think I received in the flower - power 70's [emoji254][emoji272]. I appreciate your input, I feel like Columbo on an investigation [emoji363][emoji362][emoji368][emoji162] [emoji137]��I'll start with my first lead; the Jeune Fille or younger cousin....T/Y

I do not know much about pre 1980 LV but like Fabulux says it wouldn't be a bad idea to post it in the authenticate thread.

My heart just sank but I'll take your suggestion. It does not lessen my passion for LV. I truly appreciate your input. Thanks
Who knows, maybe they (my uncle & LV guy) thought, 'just give it to someone who wouldn't know better'. Little do they know, they created a monster [emoji48][emoji162][emoji179]T/Y

My heart just sank but I'll take your suggestion. It does not lessen my passion for LV. I truly appreciate your input. Thanks
Who knows, maybe they (my uncle & LV guy) thought, 'just give it to someone who wouldn't know better'. Little do they know, they created a monster [emoji48][emoji162][emoji179]T/Y

Definitely have this bag authentificated. Unfortunately there are many red flags. At least you will know for sure.
What other bags do you have?

I do not know much about pre 1980 LV but like Fabulux says it wouldn't be a bad idea to post it in the authenticate thread.

But wouldn't they just tell the OP to use a third party authentication service as there is no sales link? I do have to agree though, something just doesn't look 'right' about the bag, especially the stamping details, when compared to other vintage pieces.

I did a search for k&k zipper and found this old thread. The poster discusses a bag she got in 1991 in a consignment shop and it has the k&k zipper. The responder posted that the bag was fake. They are discussing Chanel but maybe k&k zippers were used in fakes in the 80s. :hugs: I hope your bag is real though.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/authenticate-this-chanel-353798-183.html

Page 183 discusses zipper.

Definitely have this bag authentificated. Unfortunately there are many red flags. At least you will know for sure.

I have the pochette Metis, the favorite, nanos noe & turenne. I have a bucket from the 90's, Alma bb, speedy 25, the twinset (when it was called that), the NF PM, DA, the Saint-Germain PM, the Siena MM, mono, about 3 different mini pochettes (love the size), the sac plat PM, an older papillon, the newer Palm Springs backpack mini (can you tell yet that I'm on the petite side?). I have many, many SLG (Sarah is my favorite wallet). I also have some older bags that aren't in circulation anymore & their model names escape me right now. All the ones mentioned above were either purchased online or in a boutique so I'm not worried about anything else in my collection. I'm not really "worried" about this one as it was a gift when I was younger and just has sentimental value (I would never sell it, real or fake). I was just checking out the authenticity requirements & I don't think I can ask them. I looked over the rules & I don't think they would respond. I might send a quick question to them b/4 I re-post all info asking if they can ID something from the 70's or if that's too old. I really appreciate your time & input. If I ever find out, I'll let you know. Thanks again.

But wouldn't they just tell the OP to use a third party authentication service as there is no sales link? I do have to agree though, something just doesn't look 'right' about the bag, especially the stamping details, when compared to other vintage pieces.

I honestly don't know how they work over at authenticate thread but if they do tell OP that I have used outside services I can recommend. What struck me at first about this bag was that like I said it resembles the Jeune Fille but there are many differences either because it was an earlier model or there is something else going on. You are right though about the stamping details I even did some research of my own to try to help OP and it seems like all the vintage pieces I find arnt quite like this.

I honestly don't know how they work over at authenticate thread but if they do tell OP that I have used outside services I can recommend. What struck me at first about this bag was that like I said it resembles the Jeune Fille but there are many differences either because it was an earlier model or there is something else going on. You are right though about the stamping details I even did some research of my own to try to help OP and it seems like all the vintage pieces I find arnt quite like this.
I'm visiting my aunt and I actually had to get up and take a look at a few of her pieces from the 70's and 80's and the font/stamping, amongst other things, is completely different from the OP's. She even took a look at the OP's pics and came to a conclusion pretty quickly that tallies with the general consensus of this thread.

I have the pochette Metis, the favorite, nanos noe & turenne. I have a bucket from the 90's, Alma bb, speedy 25, the twinset (when it was called that), the NF PM, DA, the Saint-Germain PM, the Siena MM, mono, about 3 different mini pochettes (love the size), the sac plat PM, an older papillon, the newer Palm Springs backpack mini (can you tell yet that I'm on the petite side?). I have many, many SLG (Sarah is my favorite wallet). I also have some older bags that aren't in circulation anymore & their model names escape me right now. All the ones mentioned above were either purchased online or in a boutique so I'm not worried about anything else in my collection. I'm not really "worried" about this one as it was a gift when I was younger and just has sentimental value (I would never sell it, real or fake). I was just checking out the authenticity requirements & I don't think I can ask them. I looked over the rules & I don't think they would respond. I might send a quick question to them b/4 I re-post all info asking if they can ID something from the 70's or if that's too old. I really appreciate your time & input. If I ever find out, I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Sorry about your bag:hugs: I hope it does turn out to be authentic but honestly I'm not sure it will but like I said I'm no expert with LV from the 70's. If you can't get it authenticated here I used a service once Authenticate4u and they may be able to help you. I found them to be decent priced and they got back to me in a timely manner.

It sounds like you have a lovely LV collection. Please keep us posted.

I did a search for k&k zipper and found this old thread. The poster discusses a bag she got in 1991 in a consignment shop and it has the k&k zipper. The responder posted that the bag was fake. They are discussing Chanel but maybe k&k zippers were used in fakes in the 80s. :hugs: I hope your bag is real though.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/authenticate-this-chanel-353798-183.html

Page 183 discusses zipper.

It is fake. Sorry OP.

I'm visiting my aunt and I actually had to get up and take a look at a few of her pieces from the 70's and 80's and the font/stamping, amongst other things, is completely different from the OP's. She even took a look at the OP's pics and came to a conclusion pretty quickly that tallies with the general consensus of this thread.

Honestly, all you guys are great. Thanks so much. I'm grateful to the bag on getting me started with the LoVe of LV. After posting pics, I did find a piece of the hardware that says "Louis Vuitton" on the back (is that me trying to keep the dream alive? It maybe). For now, I think I'll put it back in the closet & really enjoy the rest of my collection. Maybe some day I'll request a third party authenticity but for now, I'll go by what you guys said & considered is "not real". The word 'Fake' is so hard for me to say. Thanks to everyone for their time & effort. I will pass along that kindness when a request comes up that I can fulfill. Happy New Year everyone [emoji322]