HELP! Find Coach item.

Looking for a vintage (80s or 90s) Willis in black, in good condition with straps, tag, etc included (preferably not made for outlet etc). Willing to pay up to $150ish. I've seen a lot on ebay and sites like Tradesy but I'm nervous about fakes.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Looking for a vintage (80s) Willis in black, in good condition with straps, tag, etc included (preferably not made for outlet etc). Willing to pay up to $150ish. I've seen a lot on ebay and sites like Tradesy but I'm nervous about fakes.

Thank you!
We can authenticate any listing you find. Just make sure there is a clear creed picture.

Wow, thank you for the speedy reply! Is this your listing? I didn't notice a tag for it, would not be interested if it doesn't come with the original tag. Has it been authenticated yet? If not, I can make my way over to that thread and get opinions on it. Thank you again!
Not my listing. I have the same user ID there and I don't have any Willis for sale. I think it's fine but please get it authenticated by the experts. They often notice details I don't. [emoji6]

Looking for a vintage (80s or 90s) Willis in black, in good condition with straps, tag, etc included (preferably not made for outlet etc). Willing to pay up to $150ish. I've seen a lot on ebay and sites like Tradesy but I'm nervous about fakes.

Thank you!

Wow, thank you for the speedy reply! Is this your listing? I didn't notice a tag for it, would not be interested if it doesn't come with the original tag. Has it been authenticated yet? If not, I can make my way over to that thread and get opinions on it. Thank you again!
We can authenticate any listing you find. Just make sure there is a clear creed picture.

@NYCpanthersgirl - As Hyacinth mentioned in the Authenticate This Coach request you made, you won't find 80s Willises because they weren't made until 1993.

The bag in question is authentic but existence or lack of a hang tag shouldn't be the determining factor of whether you want to buy a bag. Hang tags can get lost (from authentic items) or fake or genuine hang tags can be attached to fakes.

If it's a genuine Coach bag that's just missing a hang tag, you can often get a complimentary one from Coach and/or you can buy one relatively inexpensively on ebay or another online site.

@NYCpanthersgirl - As Hyacinth mentioned in the Authenticate This Coach request you made, you won't find 80s Willises because they weren't made until 1993.

The bag in question is authentic but existence or lack of a hang tag shouldn't be the determining factor of whether you want to buy a bag. Hang tags can get lost (from authentic items) or fake or genuine hang tags can be attached to fakes.

If it's a genuine Coach bag that's just missing a hang tag, you can often get a complimentary one from Coach and/or you can buy one relatively inexpensively on ebay or another online site.
Ah I didn't know they weren't made in the 80s! The one I linked was the oldest I could find!

Ah I didn't know they weren't made in the 80s! The one I linked was the oldest I could find!
That one is one of the oldest. Since Willises came out in 1993 and in 1994, Coach changed the format of its serial numbering system to include style numbers, that bag with a random serial number would have been made in 1993, the first year they were made.

Reactions: houseof999
Hehehe I think y'all taught me well! [emoji851][emoji851]

ALL of this is great info! Thanks for the edu, reapply appreciate it. I ended up posting several others I found and went with one that was authenticated for '94 (authenticate thread). Also GREAT tip on the hangtags. Never knew that. I actually have a few vintage bags missing the tag, so I will reach out to them asap.

Thanks again!

If it's a genuine Coach bag that's just missing a hangtag, you can often get a complimentary one from Coach and/or you can buy one relatively inexpensively on ebay or another online site.
Is there a procedure for requesting hangtags? If the color is no longer made, will they substitute a metal one? I have one bag missing hangtags. Thank you!

Is there a procedure for requesting hangtags? If the color is no longer made, will they substitute a metal one? I have one bag missing hangtags. Thank you!
You can call or email Coach, give them the style number and color, and they will send you a hangtag, but probably a metal one. Better give them the hardware color too. You can also go to a Coach store or outlet store and ask. Bring your bag with you. They have a box of hangtags and will try to find one that matches. I find the outlet is friendlier with this.

Reactions: tealocean