HELP! Find Coach item.

Hello, I've owned this bag for years and can't find any info or pictures online about it. I believe it's an original Cassin Coach from the 60s, it's dark navy blue (almost black unless you really look), kiss lock with signature legacy stripe pattern. The bag height is 12", width is 13" and drop is (I think) 18". Thanks!

coach1.jpg
coach2.jpg coach3.jpg coach4.jpg

Attachments

• coach1.jpg
    coach1.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 389
Hello, I've owned this bag for years and can't find any info or pictures online about it. I believe it's an original Cassin Coach from the 60s, it's dark navy blue (almost black unless you really look), kiss lock with signature legacy stripe pattern. The bag height is 12", width is 13" and drop is (I think) 18". Thanks!

View attachment 3548044
View attachment 3548045 View attachment 3548046 View attachment 3548047
It appears to be a #8605 Skinny Tote (predecessor to the later mid 1970s #9546 Skinny Tote). The style dates from sometime in mid-to-late 1960s and was marketed through at least 1973.

The earliest versions, labeled using the "Bonnie Cashin" small metal tag and lined with her striped fabric without the black separating thread, had two brass feet on the bottom. The red one currently listed on eBay (not mine) is a nice example (www/ebay.com/item/262739937621) though probably ambitiously priced.

In subsequent years, the feet disappeared from the design, "COACH" metal tags were used, along with the striped fabric with the black separating thread. The last release(s) of this style saw the striped lining replaced with solid black fabric.

And yes, the navy color used during that period tended towards being blue-black. The contrasting stitching on the rigid handles is also an interesting design feature.

I hope that this information is helpful and welcome corrections from others if I've erred factually.

I'm so excited to have found this forum!! I've never had anyone to talk bags with and now I stumble upon a whole forum of you
I was a bit slow to catch on to coach's new direction being my style so missed these being sold in stores, but I'm trying to find the skinny tote in blue with Rexy. I think the style number is 54530?
Any help is appreciated :smile:
Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_9657.JPG
    IMG_9657.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 282
Good detective work! I have that one in my files but somehow neglected to realize how close it is. It is called a classic city tote, but you'll most likely find it by searching by style number, or with a generic "Coach tote" search.

Thanks! I love how plain it is, with no hardware, like a cloth tote bag but with really soft leather.

HELP!!! My first Coach purse was given to me by my daughter for my birthday and it was stolen in a robbery. I don't know the style but I would love to find a replacement. It was a small (8x10?) black pebbled leather shoulder bag, with white stitching, double handles, and the long strap was attached to the body by a large hook to a large flat grommet. Any help in locating this bag or at least the name of the bag, would be GREATLY appreciated!
Is there a 'catalog' of past purses anywhere??

HELP!!! My first Coach purse was given to me by my daughter for my birthday and it was stolen in a robbery. I don't know the style but I would love to find a replacement. It was a small (8x10?) black pebbled leather shoulder bag, with white stitching, double handles, and the long strap was attached to the body by a large hook to a large flat grommet. Any help in locating this bag or at least the name of the bag, would be GREATLY appreciated!
There are a few places you can look on the forum. You can look at pictures here: https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/coach-reference-library.114/
It would be helpful if you could narrow down the year in which you got the bag if it was new at the time. There is an online archive that has some information but it is hard to navigate.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Can you narrow down the style? Did it zip closed or have a snap closure or maybe an open top? Was it a satchel, hobo, or tote? Did it have any exterior pockets? Do you happen to know if it was made for factory or from the full price store? Good luck, there is so much knowledge on this forum!

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Can you narrow down the style? Did it zip closed or have a snap closure or maybe an open top? Was it a satchel, hobo, or tote? Did it have any exterior pockets? Do you happen to know if it was made for factory or from the full price store? Good luck, there is so much knowledge on this forum!

The purse was a shoulder bag with a snap (magnetic) closure. It was purchased at the outlet in 2015, not sure if it was made for the outlet or a reserve item.

Last edited: