Help! Fed ex removed the signature requirement & shows bag delivered- never got it!

PilateGirl

Dec 31, 2011
I exchanged my Speedy B 30 for a Speedy B 35 through the mail, that I bought online. (I do not live close to a store.) I sent my Speedy B 30 back last week. I have been waiting for a email alert to show me when the 35 had been sent out, this never happened. This morning, I noticed a $25 charge from LV, so I called to check in. The rep told me that my bag had been delivered, this morning. What??? I told her that I have not received anything, and who signed for it. She then said... the signature requirement was removed, and put me on hold. She came back and said Fed Ex removed the signature requirement themselves, but that goes against the LV policy. But they do show my bag delivered. They are going to investigate, but it will take 14 days. GREAT.

Has this ever happened to anyone? This is my first experience buying online and exchanging. Is it possible I will never see this bag?

I exchanged my Speedy B 30 for a Speedy B 35 through the mail, that I bought online. (I do not live close to a store.) I sent my Speedy B 30 back last week. I have been waiting for a email alert to show me when the 35 had been sent out, this never happened. This morning, I noticed a $25 charge from LV, so I called to check in. The rep told me that my bag had been delivered, this morning. What??? I told her that I have not received anything, and who signed for it. She then said... the signature requirement was removed, and put me on hold. She came back and said Fed Ex removed the signature requirement themselves, but that goes against the LV policy. But they do show my bag delivered. They are going to investigate, but it will take 14 days. GREAT.

Has this ever happened to anyone? This is my first experience buying online and exchanging. Is it possible I will never see this bag?

I once ordered something from Saks and there was no signature requirement and it was shown as delivered, but it never got here and when they investigated, it was never found. Of course, I didn't have to pay for it but it was a hassle, and worse, the sweater wasn't available anymore in the size I needed. So it does happen sometimes. I'm glad you got your package though!

I've had that issue with fed ex too. Hubby got the new iPhone in October and sign.confirmation was required. They dropped it at the door , no knock,no ringing of the doorbell nothing.
I called fed ex and they said ,that if you gave a fed ex delivery scheduled, call them and they will make a note on it for the driver ,to make sure to get it signed for.

I got a Fedex delivery yesterday from LV. The box was at my front door. On the box, it is clearly stated signature required. I noticed the past Fedex deliveries they have been doing that lately. Luckily it is tucked away in a corner so no one from the street can see that there is a box sitting there. It makes me uneasy knowing that the parcel is unsecure.

I just ordered a bag online. LV required a signature. I missed the Fed Ex guy by 10 minutes. On day two I stayed home all day waiting for my package, but it still had not arrived and it was 7:00PM. I went out to dinner and missed him again! This time I left I note on my door asking him to leave the package, but he would not. On the third day, I had to stay home again! He finally showed up at 4:00. I think it depends on the driver. My guy was not leaving that package and I wanted it!! From now on, I will ship to my husbands work place.

I am fortunate there is a Fedex store right by my office and also another 1 mile or so from my house. I have been using the Hold at Fedex location option and request it be held at the store and I just go pick it up. They ask for photo id and you have to sign. They will hold 5 days I think, which was good because the one time I was out of town when it came in.

The orders from the website I can do right away since they provide the tracking number but I had to wait for the 1st attempt when something was shipped from the boutique to get the door tag number in order to go online and request the hold option. This works well for me since I am never home during the day and would always miss the delivery.

I ordered something pre-loved once and it was shipped UPS, I had to sit around all day, it was a big waste of my day off.

I am fortunate there is a Fedex store right by my office and also another 1 mile or so from my house. I have been using the Hold at Fedex location option and request it be held at the store and I just go pick it up. They ask for photo id and you have to sign. They will hold 5 days I think, which was good because the one time I was out of town when it came in.

The orders from the website I can do right away since they provide the tracking number but I had to wait for the 1st attempt when something was shipped from the boutique to get the door tag number in order to go online and request the hold option. This works well for me since I am never home during the day and would always miss the delivery.

I ordered something pre-loved once and it was shipped UPS, I had to sit around all day, it was a big waste of my day off.

Is this a permanent setting or do you do it per shipment? I would love if I could do that for things I have to sign for but wouldn't want it for the other 90% of my purchases.

I do it per shipment, it is not permanent. Once I get the tracking number off the website, I go onto fedex.com and track the package and then click on the option Hold At Fedex. It's a link you can click on in the middle of the page, before the information showing the the tracking of the package.

It may only be available on shipments that require signature. I'm not 100% sure, but I know I've used it every time I've ordered from the LV website and then again this last time when I had a box from the boutique sent to me. If you miss an attempt the doortag they leave does list this as an option with the website or the toll free # to call.

This option may only be available in US. it requires you to put in the shipping address and a phone number. It will bring up a list of nearby locations you can select from to have it held at. The fedex store will call you at that phone # provided when the package has arrived. I've had about half a dozen packages picked up this way and I've had no problems, they have convenient hours too. The one by my house is open til 11 pm and the other by my work is open 24 hours.

I do it per shipment, it is not permanent. Once I get the tracking number off the website, I go onto fedex.com and track the package and then click on the option Hold At Fedex. It's a link you can click on in the middle of the page, before the information showing the the tracking of the package.

It may only be available on shipments that require signature. I'm not 100% sure, but I know I've used it every time I've ordered from the LV website and then again this last time when I had a box from the boutique sent to me. If you miss an attempt the doortag they leave does list this as an option with the website or the toll free # to call.

This option may only be available in US. it requires you to put in the shipping address and a phone number. It will bring up a list of nearby locations you can select from to have it held at. The fedex store will call you at that phone # provided when the package has arrived. I've had about half a dozen packages picked up this way and I've had no problems, they have convenient hours too. The one by my house is open til 11 pm and the other by my work is open 24 hours.

This is a fantastic idea and might just help me avoid the hour drive to my boutique once in a while! Thanks so much! :smile:

Ok Fed Ex just delivered the bag. Said there was a mix up, but still they did not require my signature. A little weird. I do not think I will ever exchange again.

I had the same problem with Fed Ex involving a shipment from Neiman Marcus. According to thieir policy, All orders over a certain amount require a signature. It was raining the day of the delivery and the Fed Ex guy just dropped the box off on the porch (not at the door where it would have been protected from the weather or out of sight from others but right at the edge). Never rang the doorbell or anything, just left it. I did not even know it was there until later when I walked in the rain to retrieve the mail.

Glad your bag was found

Hate FedEx!

One time they shipped my hubby's package to a different address!
They only looked at the house number and ignored the street address.
So instead of delivered it to 123 Bane st, they delivered it to at 123 Don St.

Luckily it was recovered a few days later.

BunnyliciouS said:
Hate FedEx!

One time they shipped my hubby's package to a different address!
They only looked at the house number and ignored the street address.
So instead of delivered it to 123 Bane st, they delivered it to at 123 Don St.

Luckily it was recovered a few days later.

Yes! This is similar to what happened to me.. delivered to similar address. I just happened to call LV, to check, because, I never received an email telling the bag shipped. I guess really happy with the quick work by LV to call fed ex and get the purse to meek thin a couple of ours.