Help! Eyelash's go flat after I put mascara on . . .

1. so I must have the weirdest lashes ever!! I curl them with my eyelash curler and then apply mascara and they go flat! Like stick straight out and I hate it. The only mascara that holds the curl is Revlon's colorstay mascara but I think they've discontinued it b/c I can't find it anymore.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so, what mascara do you use :sad:

2. Yes, I have this problem w/ EVERY mascara. . . .

except. . . are you ready?
    . . . it's not the curler

Waterproof. It's my secret weapon.
    My curled lashes are perfect only after applying waterproof. Maybe because it dries so quickly? I don't know, but that's the secret beauty tip I've had for years.
    I HATE washing off waterproof, but it's SOOO worth it.
    I use Lancome's Bi-Facil gel and it comes right off.

3. ^ I'll have to try that because I have the same problem with my eyelashes!

4. I have the same problem. I've had good luck with Covergirl mascaras, Kevyn Aucoin mascara, Shu Uemura mascara basic and Shiseido volume works pretty well.

5. I second the Waterproof! All the WP versions I tried are able to hold the curl (Shu Uemura Basic Mascara WP, YSL Aquaresistant) whereas the non-WP ones will make them go flat. Just make sure you get a decent eyemakeup remover...

6. I'm asian so 1) I have no lashes and 2) the lashes I do have stick straight down. When I curl them the curl lasts for maybe 2 seconds. Oh well.

7. Oh!!! i'm so glad someone asked this question! I figured I was putting the curler wrong or something!!! I hate waterproof mascara, but I guess I should learn to love them now!

8. Okay, you have to be careful while doing this and yes I am crazy, but first heat the eyelash curler. You have to use a metal one. I usually put my blow dryer on hot over the eyelash curler for about 20 seconds. I then test the eyelash curler with my fingers to see if it isn't too hot. Then I curl my lashes followed by application of mascara. That is the only way I get my eyelashes to actually curl.

9. fendigal, have you tried a heated curler?

10. No, I thought I invented it, where is this available at?

11. I don't have long lashes so curlers help. Specifically, heated curlers help. I don't usually put mascara unless it's a night out/ a formal party, etc., but when I do, out goes the electric curler. It works with basically any brand of mascara I use.

12. Thank you guys! This has been sooo helpful for me. Tomorrow I"m going to go and buy waterproof mascara AND heat my curler. :wlae:

What in the world would I do w/o PF???

13. I just bought a Sephora brand heated eyelash curler today and it works amazingly.

I put a little Diorshow on my lashes, seperate with a lash comb, and run the heated curler through my lashes a couple times. It gives a great curl.

14. The Waterproof Mascara works for me even without heated curler ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice