Help! Exchange Black Lambskin Flap with Silver HW for Gold HW?

fmfv1

Dec 13, 2009
Hi, I am so confused. I have read all the threads on here regarding SHW and GHW. Please...of the two bags pictured below--one with SHW and other with GHW--which would you choose?

The SHW picture is the bag I actually own, but thinking of exchanging for GHW.

Attachments

• 25949-iID.jpg
    25949-iID.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 131
  • chanel flap silver hardware 009resize.jpg
    chanel flap silver hardware 009resize.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 150
I think this is the age old question on TPF!!!!

I like both, can't really say one over the other, Depends on what you like, and what you will feel most comfortable wearing?
Do you have a black bag with silver accents already?
If so maybe get the gold
If not and you have mostly silver toned accesories then keep the silver!!!!

Or get both

I too agree with purse-nality. However, my first flap was the black jumbo caviar with SHW. LOL! I also not too long ago purchased the black maxi with GHW too. So, there is definitely room in a fashionable gal's collection for both hardwares. ;)

If you tend to be more casual, I would recommend keeping the SHW. If you are usually rocking a dressier look, exchange it for the GHW. Tough but fun decision - good luck!

Hard call. It's all personal preference really. I do agree that lambskin w/ GHW is more classic while silver is more modern. I personally prefer the silver as that's my hardware of choice.

Ultimately, it comes down to what you feel works best for you. Either way, your purse will be gorgeous.

oh what a dilemma~~ It's funny... I bought caviar with g/h... after some time, I wished i had gotten s/h so it could be worn more casually... I think we want what we can't have... Now I really like the g/h... it is classic chanel. My SAs told me to go with the g/h for that reason and it seemed to pop with what I was wearing the day I bought it. In the end, it is your decision. Try seeing what kind of outfits you have and wear most and see if your silver looks good with them... if you think that gold would be better.. maybe you can exchange it. Good luck! :smile: