Help!! Enable me please!!!

dizzywizzy

BBag OCD Sufferer
O.G.
Sep 29, 2008
Ok lovely ladies...here I am with a nervous twitching finger on the buy it now for my first Bbag, a GSH 2009 Black City.....(sorry to the gold girls, I'm strictly silver :smile:

So...I have Kooba, Marc Jacobs, and Chloe, but have NEVER spent more than $450 on a bag...so this is a HUGE leap for me.

Fortunate for me my DH doesn't even look at the checking account, and if we squared off, he's in to me for about $200k, so I don't feel guilty (ok, well, yes I do, there's homeless people on the streets and I'm going to spend $1,500 on a handbag???)

The good thing is that I know buying a bag like this, is that it will hold it's value, so I can sell it later and it would be a better investment than buying a car, but still...???

BUT I LOVE THIS BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:
AND I DESERVE IT!!!! (That makes it OK, right??? :smile:

I could never talk to my friends about this, I'm from and worked in mid-sized towns, so they all think Coach is 'High End Designer', and would have a heart attack if I told them I spent over $200 on a bag.

I'm in desperate need of help here girls..HELP!! :sos:

TIA for your thoughts!!!!!

If enabling is what you want, then you've come to the right place!:graucho:

But seriously, if it's going to be a guilt-inducing purchase, then you should skip it. No need to loose sleep over a handbag! But I do think bbags are a good purchase and certainly do hold their value. I know bags have sold for even more than they were purchased.

FIRST OF ALL IT IS SOOOOO GOOD TO KNOW THERE'S SOMEONE OUT THERE IN MY AREA!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEYYY, YAAAAHHHHH!!!!:yahoo:
AND I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT ALL THE "COACH".:Push: DON'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE! I HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO BALS NOW FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS. ONCE YOU START, YOU CAN'T STOP. I WOULD NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT SPENDING YOUR OWN MONEY ON A HANDBAG. AND HONESTLY I DON'T BELIEVE ANYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE. AT LEAST NOT HERE! I SHOP AT INTERNATIONAL AND I HAVE ONLY SEEN 2 IN THE MALL. WHEN I DO GET COMPLIMENTS ON MINE, I KNOW THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT BRAND IT IS.
I SAY GO BUY THE BAG YOU WANT AND ENJOY IT!:tup: AND DON'T FORGET TO POST SOME PICS WHEN YOU DO!;)

If enabling is what you want, then you've come to the right place!:graucho:

But seriously, if it's going to be a guilt-inducing purchase, then you should skip it. No need to loose sleep over a handbag! But I do think bbags are a good purchase and certainly do hold their value. I know bags have sold for even more than they were purchased.

Well, I wouldn't feel guilty for more than a day or two..so I think that wouldn't be an issue...lol..

I'm torn, because it really is a big time luxury (Ok, not a $50k Hermes), but still a splurge that's not a necessity.

And probably only 1 in a 200 that see me will know what it is, but that makes me like even more :smile:

But does anyone else go through this?
What are some other first time BBag buyers emotional experiences???

FIRST OF ALL IT IS SOOOOO GOOD TO KNOW THERE'S SOMEONE OUT THERE IN MY AREA!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEYYY, YAAAAHHHHH!!!!:yahoo:
AND I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT ALL THE "COACH".:Push: DON'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE! I HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO BALS NOW FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS. ONCE YOU START, YOU CAN'T STOP. I WOULD NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT SPENDING YOUR OWN MONEY ON A HANDBAG. AND HONESTLY I DON'T BELIEVE ANYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE. AT LEAST NOT HERE! I SHOP AT INTERNATIONAL AND I HAVE ONLY SEEN 2 IN THE MALL. WHEN I DO GET COMPLIMENTS ON MINE, I KNOW THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT BRAND IT IS.
I SAY GO BUY THE BAG YOU WANT AND ENJOY IT!:tup: AND DON'T FORGET TO POST SOME PICS WHEN YOU DO!;)

Ha, I was just replying, saying almost all the same things :smile:
I figured International was the only place nearby, certainly not Tyrone Mall in St Pete, lol!!!

I think if you like it and can afford it then get it. You won't regret it :smile: but keep in mind that once you spend that first $1650+tax, you are hooked for good and the next purchases won't be as hard as this one.

Ha, I was just replying, saying almost all the same things :smile:
I figured International was the only place nearby, certainly not Tyrone Mall in St Pete, lol!!!

YES NEIMAN'S! BUT WITH THE SUPERBOWL HERE, DON'T KNOW WHAT'S ON THE SHELVES? IF YOU CAN, TALK WITH SA JOSH HASKINS. HE'S GREAT AND HAS A NICE STASH OF GOODIES IN THE BACK.:graucho:

I think if you like it and can afford it then get it. You won't regret it :smile: but keep in mind that once you spend that first $1650+tax, you are hooked for good and the next purchases won't be as hard as this one.

Yeah, that's been the problem, I only new Coach years ago, then moved up to MBMJ, then MJ, then Chloe, and it got easier and easier to spend more...

But I promise to be a good girl forever and keep my BBag for a very long time and love her dearly and get all my money's worth out of her!!!

Ohhhh!!! I'm almost there!!!! BUY IT NOW!! GOTTA DO IT!!!
:upsidedown: This is almost as good as s*x!!! LOL!!!!

OK, I JUST DID IT!!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

I got it from ******, so I will be sure to post pics in that thread once I receive it.

I am expecting a black Chloe Chain Betty in the mail tomorrow, so that's it, I AM BANNING MYSELF!!!!

Have just finished paying off the cars and credit cards, so not feeling too guilty...

My small and happy collection will now be as follows:

MJ Multipocket in Maroon w/SH (Eggplant-ish)
MJ Black Patent Zip Clutch w/ SH
Chloe Black Chain Betty w/SH
Chloe Large Tracy Shopper Tote w/SH
BALENCIAGA BLACK GSH CITY!!!!!! :yahoo:

Since I work from home, this is more than enough to wear to the odd night out and the grocery store, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmfao:

THANK YOU FOR ENABLING- I LOVE YOU ALL AND THIS FORUM!!! :yes::heart: