Help!! Empreinte Wallet Wear and Tear

Saraja

Apr 12, 2014
I purchased the Sarah wallet this week in Empreinte and got home to find one side sticks out so I'm taking it back tomorrow to exchange it for a brand new one however I'm starting to doubt myself as to if this was the best choice?

I thought the Empreinte would have better wear and tear than canvas and wanted something a bit more elegant. I can't find any wear and tear videos of Empreinte wallets really on YouTube. And wonder if the leather stretches more than the canvas or Epi. I also am wondering about the glaze. I have a new speedy in Empreinte and am still finding I baby it more than my canvas. But I think that's mainly because she's so beautiful to me still.

Should I stick with Sarah in Empreinte or get her in Epi or canvas? (Canvas being my least favorite option.)

*I want what's more durable!!![emoji4]

Thank you!

I purchased the Sarah wallet this week in Empreinte and got home to find one side sticks out so I'm taking it back tomorrow to exchange it for a brand new one however I'm starting to doubt myself as to if this was the best choice?

I thought the Empreinte would have better wear and tear than canvas and wanted something a bit more elegant. I can't find any wear and tear videos of Empreinte wallets really on YouTube. And wonder if the leather stretches more than the canvas or Epi. I also am wondering about the glaze. I have a new speedy in Empreinte and am still finding I baby it more than my canvas. But I think that's mainly because she's so beautiful to me still.

Should I stick with Sarah in Empreinte or get her in Epi or canvas? (Canvas being my least favorite option.)

*I want what's more durable!!![emoji4]

Thank you!
Empreinte is durable. Just use it and enjoy it. If something happens, LV will take care of you.

Don't know if you have vernis on your radar, but I have a sarah in vernis and it is indestructible. I've had it for a year and have been using it for a year straight with no issues at all.

I have a compact Curieuse wallet in Empreinte and I've used it for 18 months straight. It still looks great and I've had no problems whatsoever. I would purchase this material over canvas hands down!

I have LV Sarah wallet empreinte leather, bought in Paris 2013, but since last year the glazing was melted n made some stain inside my bag so I have to use LV small dustbag to cover my wallet to prevent the glazing stains the inner bag. My Lumineuse PM empreinte - dark bkue was much worse. The glazing stained my white blouse in several spot. i didn't realize until my husband asked me about the stain on my left shoulder area. The handle is cracked in several spots. I got the exchange bag but since the exchange is only allowed once, I didn't change the wallet. hopefully I will get one sooner. And this is gonna be my last experience with empreinte items:smile:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,114
Reactions: Namwan-
I don't own an Emp wallet, but I don't see it being more durable than Mono or Vernis, but still very durable! Is this your only wallet or will you rotate it?

I have a Pomme Vernis Sarah which is 8 years old and still looks great. It wore incredibly well. My canvas wallets have also worn really well. My MC Sarah started to chip after 2 years and I barely use it now. Very disappointing. My concern with the Emp would be the credit card slots stretching and the leather just sort of collapsing over time but if this isn't your everyday wallet for years, it will last longer. Please note these are just my thoughts. I only have Emp bags and SLG's, not wallets so I can't say for sure!

Reactions: bagaholic1
I have a Curieuse wallet in Empriente that I've had since 2012. I have used it everyday and it still looks as good as the day I bought it. :smile:
+1. My Cuireuse was purchased in 2014 and has endured two years of nearly constant use. It's as beautiful as the day I got it with absolutely no visible signs of wear. It's very luxurious. I highly recommend an empreinte wallet!

My Empreinte Zippy wallet is holding up perfectly and is a gorgeous piece. It's retaining its good structure and the slots are fine. Very happy with it.

If I had my time again I would choose Empreinte over canvas. I have the Sarah in mono canvas and the glazing started coming apart after 11 months, it's now in being repaired.

I have attached my Sarah Empreinte wallet on my previous post and here...my bag which had been exchanged 5 months ago by LV as the glazing looked so bad...

Attachments

• Photo Dec 09, 09 51 39.jpg
    Photo Dec 09, 09 51 39.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,567
  • Photo Dec 09, 09 55 06.jpg
    Photo Dec 09, 09 55 06.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,492
I don't own an Emp wallet, but I don't see it being more durable than Mono or Vernis, but still very durable! Is this your only wallet or will you rotate it?

I have a Pomme Vernis Sarah which is 8 years old and still looks great. It wore incredibly well. My canvas wallets have also worn really well. My MC Sarah started to chip after 2 years and I barely use it now. Very disappointing. My concern with the Emp would be the credit card slots stretching and the leather just sort of collapsing over time but if this isn't your everyday wallet for years, it will last longer. Please note these are just my thoughts. I only have Emp bags and SLG's, not wallets so I can't say for sure!

Yes this is my only wallet and considering the new one soon :smile:

Attachments

• LV Wallet.jpg
    LV Wallet.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,586
Reactions: luvLV27