Help- Emerald dye is coming off...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey guys, I wanted to get some help to see if anyone has tried to re-dye their Emerald. Although I conditioned (coach conditioner) and what I thought waterproofed my bag (this generic leather waterproof spray), I got caught in a huge downpour and the handles rubbed off onto my sweater. Nonetheless, the handles are very light in color now and I wanted to see if anyone has tried to patch up these rough spot.

2. WOW- could you post some pics??

Mockinglee had a jade nikki that she died emerald on her own, and i believe it is the exact shade of emerald on the emerald MAM's. I have had the emerald MAB for almost a year now, and it got "sprinkled" on once but no damage was done to it.

let me see if i can find mock's thread for you. She has what dye she used listed in there.

3. Here is her post from the reference library:

Original color: Jade
    Dye used: Tarrago Self-Shine Dye & Preparer Kit, No. 33 Dark Green

[​IMG]

Photo of stain on side of the bag, which was the reason for dyeing it:
    [​IMG]

First coat:
    [​IMG]

2nd coat:
    [​IMG]

3rd and final coat:
    [​IMG]

4. I will buy the dye, but I think that color is lighter than the original, I just want to do touch ups, not repaint the whole thing. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

5. I have this bag too and I have posted somewhere about the croc trim parts looking dried out and showing white underneath. Uhm, I still haven't used this bag :Push: but I love to look at it! So I am curious to know how yours turns out.