Help - Earrings collection

auberielle

Sep 9, 2013
So I have been collecting jewelry for about 3 years now (I'm 25 years old) and I have a nice collection of rings, bracelets and necklaces however my earrings (fine jewelry) collection isn't impressive lol
Currently I mostly wear gold hoops/silver hoops or my T&Co notes studs.

I was thinking about getting some Tahitian pearl studs but I was wondering if you can give me some points at what kind of earrings I should invest in and maybe some nice affordable jewelry brands or sites that have a good collection of earrings

Thanks in advance :smile:

Diamond hoops, diamond studs, pearl studs for work/basic wardrobe.

Large gold hoops and a nice pair of chandelier style earrings for going out. This of course depends on both your personal style and your lifestyle but I wear my large gold hoops often for casual outings. I have a variety of more ornate earrings to wear to formal events.

I just bought these mesh earrings with a very small diamond but now sure if it has the wow factor:
http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/earr...searchkeyword=mesh&trackpdp=search&fromcid=-1

I also have the following T&Co earrings: mesh hoops, large bean earrings, RTT hoops (very heavy), Elsa Peretti ones that look like a "Z" and RTT heart posts.

I am always afraid to spend a lot of $ incase I lose one. But, also looking for suggestions on a nice pair of statement type of earrings that are not too heavy.

Diamond hoops, diamond studs, pearl studs for work/basic wardrobe.

Large gold hoops and a nice pair of chandelier style earrings for going out. This of course depends on both your personal style and your lifestyle but I wear my large gold hoops often for casual outings. I have a variety of more ornate earrings to wear to formal events.
Do you recomend any brand or just a local jeweller?

Thank you :smile:

I just bought these mesh earrings with a very small diamond but now sure if it has the wow factor:
http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/earr...searchkeyword=mesh&trackpdp=search&fromcid=-1

I also have the following T&Co earrings: mesh hoops, large bean earrings, RTT hoops (very heavy), Elsa Peretti ones that look like a "Z" and RTT heart posts.

I am always afraid to spend a lot of $ incase I lose one. But, also looking for suggestions on a nice pair of statement type of earrings that are not too heavy.
Those are beautiful! I think I prefer either studs or small hoops though (for everyday at least) and I'm also super concerned about losing earrings :S

Personally, I have a pair of small diamond studs in yellow gold (my grandmother's), rose gold (Tiffany DBTY) and platinum (Blue Nile).

I also have a pair of Dana Rebecca Mini Lauren Joy earrings in yellow gold, and a simple pair of small gold hoops that I purchased from a mall kiosk.

I've found that I've never needed more than this... although I'd toyed with the idea of purchasing a pair of pearl earrings in the past; I'm still on the fence because, while pearls are classic pieces and very classy, I know that pearls are delicate and I'm afraid that I wouldn't give them the proper care they deserve.

I'm not one for heavy, ornate earrings because they don't sit well in my ears and because they get tangled in my thick, wavy hair. I like simple styles that don't require much maintenance, aside from a weekly cleaning and annual prong checks.

Personally, I have a pair of small diamond studs in yellow gold (my grandmother's), rose gold (Tiffany DBTY) and platinum (Blue Nile).

I also have a pair of Dana Rebecca Mini Lauren Joy earrings in yellow gold, and a simple pair of small gold hoops that I purchased from a mall kiosk.

I've found that I've never needed more than this... although I'd toyed with the idea of purchasing a pair of pearl earrings in the past; I'm still on the fence because, while pearls are classic pieces and very classy, I know that pearls are delicate and I'm afraid that I wouldn't give them the proper care they deserve.

I'm not one for heavy, ornate earrings because they don't sit well in my ears and because they get tangled in my thick, wavy hair. I like simple styles that don't require much maintenance, aside from a weekly cleaning and annual prong checks.
I don't think I'll have a big earring collection either and I just checked the blue nile website and ordered some earrings so thank you for mentioning it :biggrin:

I love earrings!!

Diamond studs are good.

I also like interesting designed studs but get those later.

Pearl studs are feet as well. I like my akoya pearls. Tahitians are good though I wear my akoyas more. If you are getting Pearl studs you can consider getting those with removable diamonds (example - the diamonds in the below pair can be removed for a 2 in 1 wear).

If you get both akoya and Tahitians - get them in different sizes because I feel size really makes a lot of difference. As you build your collection, you may want to consider different colour pearls as well (golden south sea, blue pearls etc)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1453223933.922429.jpg

Anyone have suggestions for a good "everyday" wear stud size? I don't want to look costumey but I do love large rocks :smile:

My diamond earrings are 1/4ct. yellow, .14ct. rose DBTY, and 1/3ct platinum (respectively, as listed above). I understand that my earrings are TINY compared to most, but I prefer simple and understated. I'm told (by my jeweler) that anywhere from 1/2ct. - 1ct is "ideal" for daily wear if you prefer smaller earrings, or 1ct-2ct if you prefer slightly larger stones for daily wear. It varies from person to person based upon your individual preference, obviously.

As far as metal "ball" stud earrings or pearl earrings, I believe 6mm - 8mm are the most common sizes I've seen / worn.

Hoops are a personal preference, I believe. I prefer small hoops or huggies so that they don't get caught in my hair. My younger sister prefers large hoops... probably because she's 11 years younger than me and can still get away with it! :lol: Whatever you like, whatever makes you happy.