HELP! Earrings and Necklace clash?

Ilovehandbags27

♡ ♡ ♡
Jul 12, 2010
Hi Ladies. I am in desperate need of your ladies opinion. I have the yellow gold mother of pearl vintage Alhambra Van Cleef and Arpels necklace. I have the opportunity to purchase the sweet alhambra yellow gold black onyx earrings at a discount and dont want to miss this opportunity. The only thing really holding me back is that they might clash. I have attached pictures for a visual. Please let me know your honest opinion. I know I could always wear them separately but would like to wear them together. Thanks so much in advance. :flowers:

*Pictures via internet

Attachments

• Necklace.png
    Necklace.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 311
  • vca onxy earrings.jpg
    vca onxy earrings.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 188
It all depends what you are comfortable with and if the onyx will look good on your skin tone, etc. I general I don't have a problem with black/white combo, but dont just buy earrings because you will get a discount on them since you might regret it later on...

It all depends what you are comfortable with and if the onyx will look good on your skin tone, etc. I general I don't have a problem with black/white combo, but dont just buy earrings because you will get a discount on them since you might regret it later on...
Thank you. Yes I completely agree. I actually was going to purchase these earrings in MOP, although I have somewhat fair skin I do wear quite a lot of black. I am not necessarily worried what they will look like on me I am more concerned with them clashing. hmmmm :shrugs:

I have fair skin and tend to wear a lot of black, and thats why I avoid jewelry with black onyx because it tends to get lost in my sea of dark clothing and I like my jewelry to stand out. Again "clashing" is very subjective, but since you are really mulling over it it might be too much of a contrast for you personally and there is no joy in wearing something if you feel it looks "off".
Can you try these earring on together with your necklace to see how they would look?

I like them, but I don't like to be too matchy-match with my jewelery especially when they're such a "statement" shape so if it were me, I wouldn't wear it together.

I vote get it! Having a black piece means more variety!

I like them, but I don't like to be too matchy-match with my jewelery especially when they're such a "statement" shape so if it were me, I wouldn't wear it together.

I vote get it! Having a black piece means more variety!
Totally agree. I like the idea of wearing them separately too! I just love how simple they are and definitely can be dressed up or down. :hugs: