Help! Dumped a liter of water into my Fendi 2Jours!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm so sad!!! I drained it and left it upside down overnight, but it's still soaked through! :cry:
    It's black, and the leather seems to be just fine, but the interior is damp and wet.
    I've put puppy pads in each side of the purse, but I'm not sure what else to do.
    I read that blow dryers are a big no-no.
    I can't put it outside to dry, because I'm in south Texas and the humidity is almost at 90%.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

2. Oh, I'm so sorry, p_winkle! I was told once by a Fendi SA that if my bag got wet in the rain, I had to just leave it to dry on its own and nothing would happen (in my case, a black By The Way).
    I don't know if it could be a good idea but, considering there's 90% humidity outside, maybe you could get some indirect mild air (like a mild breeze) coming from a fan, but for a short period of time so that the leather doesn't get too dry. That would be cold air and it wouldn't affect the leather as much as the hot air from a blow dryer. Please, tell us how it goes...

3. What if you use the cold shot button on your hair dryer? It doesn't make the air cold but rather it isn't hot. I have an ionic hair dryer on that setting and it gets my Yorkie dry fast...so maybe gentle use on your purse would help.

Edsmd2 likes this.
  4. Gotta love Texas weather, huh? :P
    I would try to put the bag in some mild breeze like crisbac said. The cold-setting blow dryer idea doesn't sound bad, although I'd only do it in short intervals over the course of a few days.

5. How about placing one of those desiccant pouches like the brand damp rid with a hanger. Closely watch it though so the leather doesn't dry up.

6. Im sorry to hear that :sad:
    Maybe you could put it infront or under the fan?

7. Oh no! I have spilled water in mine, but not a whole liter. I don't know if this will work, but I would do something like Baghera said to absorb the water. Perhaps you could try dumping rice grains into the bag? When iPhones are wet, people recommend putting it in grains of rice to somehow absorb the water. I don't know if this will work for your purse, but it would't damage it and it could be worth a shot if you don't have enough descant bags lying around.