Help! Don't know which brown bag to choose!

Which tan/brown bag to get?

• Miu Miu bow satchel in sand

• Mulberry Oak Alana

• Balenciaga Truffle Twiggy

Results are only viewable after voting.

blivlien

O.G.
Jan 10, 2008
Hi all,

I'm being really indecisive as to what tan/brown bag to get. I don't want anything too tan or too dark brown. I want one that's gonna still look good in however many years. I want to use it casually and for work, (I'm kinda smart/casual for work) I'm 21, 5"2 and a UK size 10.

I'm trying to choose between the Oak Mulberry Alana, the Miu Miu bow satchel in sand, and the Balenciaga 07 Twiggy bag in Truffle.

Please help me decide!!! :smile:

I really, really like the the Miu Miu, but this wasn't the colour I originally wanted and I'm not sure if it's going to be available in the UK again

image1xl.jpg
(source: www.asos.com)
image2xl.jpg

I really like the colour of the Oak Mulbery Alana, but worried that it might be a tad heavy for me after I put all my stuff in, that it's a bit fiddly to get in and out of, and that it's too boxy for me. I know it squishes down though.

(source: ebay)

I really like how the Bal truffle colour is a mixture of tan and brown and how it's lightweight and can carry lots, but worried that the distressing might look too casual.

attachment.php

(source: Balenciaga's brown club thread/debsmith)

I love both the Miu Miu and the Balenciaga bags, but I feel the Balenciaga may be more practical for your lifestyle....and it will definitely still look great in a couple years! :smile: Keep us posted on what you chose.

It's a toss up between the Miu Miu and the Balenciaga. I like the Miu Miu (i think it's more work appropriate and can be used casually too) The Balenciaga is a purse i would use on weekends.:smile:

I like the Balenciaga. I don't think it's too casual for the lifestyle you describe. Miu Miu is pretty but you mention wanting something use for years and that color is much lighter (at least in the picture) so may get dirty or marked up after a while.

Balenciaga. It's just right for casual and perfect for smart/casual. The Miu Miu is lovely, but IMHO very business/office and "older". I think the Balenciaga would easily take you into many years to come.