Help: Does vintage kelly 28 have serial number like Birkin?

As I stated previously, all Hermes bags have them. Bags from the 40s have these stamps. Here and there maybe a bag escaped stamping, no one knows why, but 99.9% are stamped.

This information is readily available across the web; not sure what else you are looking for here....
Thank you! It's just I bought a 1995 Kelly, it doesn't have it. So I'm not really sure if it's 100% authentic. It was from a very reputable website tho....

Thank you! It's just I bought a 1995 Kelly, it doesn't have it. So I'm not really sure if it's 100% authentic. It was from a very reputable website tho....
That’s too old to have a serial number. As mentioned before - atelier and craftsman stamp only. This was originally to help Hermes send the bag back to the original maker for repairs if needed. I personally wouldn’t treat it as anything else.

Reactions: Meta
Sorry I can't upload receipt as I heard some people use this info to make replica bags. My Hermes Birkin that I bought from the Hermes boutique has the serial number on the receipt and that also matches the serial number inside of the bag. I believe all new Birkins should have them. I'm not sure about Kelly.

Yes my newest SO has a serial number which matches.
I stand corrected! LOL! Because I normally pay so little attention to stamps, serial numbers and receipts, I totally missed this! I bought a bag last month and have just checked the receipt and indeed there is a serial number! I picked it up from a different SA from my regular SA so he didn't mention it to me at all!
@shallwesasa, this is a new feature Hermes just introduced so vintage Kellys don't have this, they only have the craftsperson's stamps.

Hmmm the SO Birkin I just picked up doesn't have this (nor do the three Kellys I have bought in past nine months). I shall have to chat to my SA and see if I should send back for a serial number.

My latest boutique invoice also has a serial number: however I do not know where and if the number appears on the bag. In fact I was told that they prefer not to discuss the matter as the info gets hijacked by the those who seek to deceive with fakes...

My latest boutique invoice also has a serial number: however I do not know where and if the number appears on the bag. In fact I was told that they prefer not to discuss the matter as the info gets hijacked by the those who seek to deceive with fakes...
Which is why I never posted this previously. And with no other details.

I stand corrected! LOL! Because I normally pay so little attention to stamps, serial numbers and receipts, I totally missed this! I bought a bag last month and have just checked the receipt and indeed there is a serial number! I picked it up from a different SA from my regular SA so he didn't mention it to me at all!
@shallwesasa, this is a new feature Hermes just introduced so vintage Kellys don't have this, they only have the craftsperson's stamps.
Thank you for confirming! Good to know:P

This is indeed correct. I was very reliably informed in store yesterday - when the position of the stamp was changed they became unique serial numbers. I’m not sure if that matching number is on the receipt of if it’s just ‘assigned’ to the particular item number (starting HO) that’s always been on the receipt. The corresponding bag number and receipt is only recent.

Last edited: