Help..Do I reaallly need a wallet??!!

I know what you mean about the cosmetic cases being expensive! I got some really cute ones, on clearance, at target recently that I LOVE! Plus, it is so nice to have color inside your bag rather than boring monogram or damier canvas inside. JMHO.

Exactly :smile: Love color in my life. I am not a ''matchy'' person. If I go out with the Speedy Damier I will probably have the clé pomme d'amour, just to add a pop of colour.

For wallet I found a leather burgundy coach wallet last year and I like it. It was on sale. But I don't use it a lot.

Still love the mini pochette, might get one in damier ebene and one in damier azur :smile:

If your system isn't broke there is nothing to fix so just keep doing what you doing, as for me and my lifestyle a pouch, cosmetic bag or cles just can't compare to a well organized wallet everything has its place but that's just me.

Thanks so much to all of you for your thoughtful replies!! So much wonderful advice. I think the bottom line for me is that I cant stop thinking about a wallet ( 2 months- guess that's not impulsive buying, huh?:P ) I tend to be too practical sometimes, so my thinking was if I didn't use each piece, every day, to its fullest, than I didn't need it. But as many of you pointed out, life is too short and lets face it, as many of you also stated, no one " needs" any luxury item! So I think in light of all that, I plan on getting one!! It will be used and loved, and my teeny collection will be complete for now! Next weekend I hope to visit LV and check out, in person, my faves. Looking at French purse and probably ZCW. Hope to beat the $$ increase. Thanks again for all your wonderful and fun responses! ;)

I use my Insolite wallet as a clutch, and I can attach chain to it to dress it up. I know what are you feeling because my first piece was the mini pochette and I used this baby every single day as my purse. It worked fine for the summers because I didn't need much. I got a wallet about 6 months after my first LV bag and I looooooove it!!! Much more organized...and I think you will enjoy it as well. I still make use of the mini for quick errands and going out to a bar or something when I just need a CC and lipgloss and phone.
I also really enjoy just grabbing my wallet if I need to run to the store real quick...its very convenient to have all your money/is/cards in one spot.
Although this is a very personal decision, I feel you will REALLY enjoy (and make use of) having a wallet.
Just my 2 cents. =)

I think I will enjoy it, too! Thanks for your 2 cents!

I really know how you feel because I have the same dilemma. I have several LV bags (one of them is also Speedy B30), and I use my cles and mini pochette instead of the wallet. I like that I can just grab my cles with my car key attached and go to the gym or drop my baby at the day care and I do not need to carry an extra wallet with me. I also tend to collect a lot of receipts and other papers, and the mini pochette holds them all plus some extra cards. So this system is really working for me. BUT there is a wallet I really like (Compact zippy in mono) and even though I do not need it at all, I still want it. I wish they did not have all these price increases and I would just patiently wait until I can justify getting it. I am not in the position to give an advice, but I think that if you keep thinking of it and can't get it out of your mind, just get it and enjoy it!

Love this wallet too! Thanks!

Sorry to hijack your thread OP but i have a similar problem. I cant get the DE Emilie wallet out of my head!

I do have enough saved for it, but i am debating if its worth spending that much on a (4 slot only) wallet. I am currently using a DE cles as a wallet and it serves me well so far... Dh is balking at the thought that a wallet costs that much lol and says i should save a bit more and get a bag instead. I dont know what to do!!

How long generally does an lv canvas wallet last if its used on a daily basis?

I think you will definitely love the wallet if you get it. Like others have said, there is no better time to purchase than now since prices only go up and if money is an issue then take the preowned route. I recently got a ZCP to use as a wallet and it is great. Makes me feel very happy every time I take my wallet out of my purse. If you can't stop thinking about it then you must really want it! :biggrin:

Sorry to hijack your thread OP but i have a similar problem. I cant get the DE Emilie wallet out of my head!

I do have enough saved for it, but i am debating if its worth spending that much on a (4 slot only) wallet. I am currently using a DE cles as a wallet and it serves me well so far... Dh is balking at the thought that a wallet costs that much lol and says i should save a bit more and get a bag instead. I dont know what to do!!

How long generally does an lv canvas wallet last if its used on a daily basis?

I have a couple LV bags and a zippy compact wallet. My DH knows the prices of my bags, but he assumed I paid $400 for my ZCW. I never corrected him, he would've flipped if he knew I paid almost twice the amount for a wallet.:P

I have a couple LV bags and a zippy compact wallet. My DH knows the prices of my bags, but he assumed I paid $400 for my ZCW. I never corrected him, he would've flipped if he knew I paid almost twice the amount for a wallet.:P

My dh actually went to the lv website when i mentioned the name of the wallet!! I wish i couldve just made up a number for the price, lol!!

It would be nice to have one wallet as it will last for years. It's well worth spending the money. I only have one LV wallet and I have been using it for 4 years and it hold up so well and I'm happy with it coz it can keep all I need, cash, coins, credit cards, receipts and some papers.

You NEED to get that French wallet. Why? Because it lasts ages, I have been using mine for over 10 years, and it looks brand new! Very, very sturdy wallet.

And guess what? If you think longer, the prices just go up higher. So get one right now and stop thinking about it. You'll be done for wallet, for life! :smile:

You NEED to get that French wallet. Why? Because it lasts ages, I have been using mine for over 10 years, and it looks brand new! Very, very sturdy wallet.

And guess what? If you think longer, the prices just go up higher. So get one right now and stop thinking about it. You'll be done for wallet, for life! :smile:

You are right!! I did NEED to get it, because I would not have stopped thinking about that beautiful wallet! :smile:

So here's my update!...I compromised with myself a little and bought a pre-loved one from Yoogis! I say "compromised", but not really! It was posted in "like new" condition, and I must say, I don't think she had ever been used a day in her life! The card slots are still so tight, and she even smells new!! I had some wonderful help from a lovely fellow Tpf member who looked at the listing on yoogis, and encouraged me that she was indeed a nice pre-loved. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, and saved well over 350$ compared to new when you factor in Chicago tax (ugh!)

I'm so glad to hear you love your wallet and that it is still going strong, Grande Latte! I dont know why the French wallets don't seem to be as popular...I think they are so gorgeous!:biggrin: So glad I finally made up my mind! Im very content with my small collection now!

I think wallets are a wonderful invention. I love all of the slots and compartments to keep cards and small, important papers organized. I like to be organized and have everything I need right at my fingertips. Fumbling and searching at the cash register at the store for cards or cash or whatever is not chic, imho.

I have lots of handbags that I switch out pretty often, but I only use one wallet. I'm very picky when I buy them because they have to be **just right** When I find a brand or style that works, I buy in multiple colors so that I have a replacment ready.