Help - difficult Edie decision!

kitechick

Sep 7, 2010
Hi Ladies,

I really need your help with this. As I couldn´t make up my mind and as there are no real Mulberry stores around I ordered the black heavy grain and the oak sparkle tweed Edie online. They are both very cute, but I think the black one would be the reasonable choice. On the other hand the oak sparkle tweed is so pretty with the pink guitar strap (in my opinion) and it goes with all my clothes.
I don´t have a similar bag though and wonder how delicate the leather is and if it will still look nice in a few months.

So you see, I could really need your assistance making my final decision;)...

Please find attached a few pictures...

Attachments

• P1040642.jpg
    P1040642.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 228
  • P1040641.jpg
    P1040641.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 222
  • P1040640.jpg
    P1040640.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 219
  • P1040644.jpg
    P1040644.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 373
  • P1040650.jpg
    P1040650.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 348
Difficult one kitechick. They both look really nice.
If the choice was mine I would go for the black one, but I love black bags and they go with most of my clothes. I don't find the same thing with oak bags at all.
But you've said the oak goes well with your wardrobe and it sounds from your post like that is the one which has most caught your eye.
Hand on heart - if someone said they were going to take one away (Bad Santa maybe?) which would you grab to hold on to? Go with your heart.

Agree that they are both really gorgeous on you. It is a really tough call. You already have an oak alexa so perhaps the black would be a more sensible choice to cover all bases? But since when has 'sense' come into buying designer handbags?! It boils down to love. And madness, lol. So I agree with lola, pick the one your heart most desires and common sense be damned. If you are 'reasonable' you will regret it, imho. For the amount of money at stake it has to be total adoration! xx

Being brutally honest here: I think the oak one will definitely be more fragile, it looks pale enough for colour transfer to be an issue and SAs have said to me that Sparkle Tweed will wear badly with the sparkle wearing off first at points of contact.

I've seen (gunmetal) sparkle tweed display models where this was starting to happen and they looked shabby, with random patches of paler dusty-looking matte leather. It was enough to stop me buying when I'd spent weeks and weeks trying to decide between a GMST Alexa and a GMST OS Lily. (I still love the look, but bought a Bays pouch in that leather instead, which I will treat very gently).

If it's to be a bag for frequent routine use, I'd have to advise the black.

On the other hand if you have another favourite bag you'd continue to use most of the time, and could keep this one for special, then go with it if you love it.

Thanks for your helpful comments.

I think I will go for the black one, as I have my doubts regarding the sparkling tweed leather (though it looks pretty right now:love:).

sjmidd: I´m 167cm. that´s about 5,5'' I guess (not familar with feet/inch though)

I need to see this bag irl asap. Heading to Belfast tomorrow, hopefully they'll have it. The oak is lovely with the pink strap but my head would say black as well

The leather on black Edie looks really lovely, and the guitar strap is a super contrast. I'm not really a black bag person but in this case, it gets my vote! The sparkle is pretty but perhaps more of an occasional use bag? :biggrin:

I love the oak sparkle tweed one. That makes my heart sing more than the black one. But they are both lovely. And I can see the pont with black beeing more sensible. But its all about who makes you smile the most ;)