Help! Did I ruin my Chanel?

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
I was organizing my closet and pulled out one of my brand new bags and I fear that I may have ruined it with improper storage. It is the new Caviar 31 N/S Tote and it now has chain dents across the front of the bag. I must have neglected to tuck in the chains when I put it away and now there are small dents across the front of the bag in the shape of the chain handles. As I massaged the leather, they started to become less noticeable, but I can still see them. Any suggestions? The leather is the glazed caviar of the Caviar 31 line. I love this bag but hate that it is now marred right across the front. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jennifer

Jennifer, use your hair dryer and gently heat the area while continuing to massage the leather. You should be able to lighten the indentations even more. Just be very careful to not get the dryer too close to the leather or overheat it. You might want to do it a few times over several days.

wow cyndee, thanks for that tip! good to know before i jump on the lamb scene... not to hijack thread, any tip on quilt dimples or deflation too?

jennifer, hope hairdryer does make it better!

Cyndee, thanks for the hair dryer tip. I will give that a try. It is getting better with light massaging as well, so hopefully it will continue to be less noticeable over time.

Does anyone know if a leather conditioner would help? If so, what brand would you recommend?

Thanks to everyone for the support. I appreciate it!

Jennifer

oh no jennifer, sorry to hear this! I've been able to massage out dents but I'm always careful not to rub too hard - I think slowly and steady is the key here.

good luck and hope you manage to restore it!

cyndee, that's such a great tip!!

i once had dents on the front of my flap becuz i put it behind me while eating in a restaurant, but after i discovered it, i quickly rubbed it, or massage it, and the dents disappear after a while.

OP, hope you'll be able to fix those dents!

Cyndee: Was that tip aimed at only soft caviar, all caviars, lamb or all materials in general? I have a light indentation on the front of my reissue from wearing the bah single strapped. I tried massaging it but it is still a little visible.

Jennifer: Hope the hairdryer tip works for you! B

Lambskin and caviar. It will work for either. Regular caviar is firmer by nature so it may not be as effective, but you can certainly make it look better than it was.

purse-nality - sorry I don't have any ideas for either of those. Botox maybe?! lol!

Hmmmm not sure if I should try it on my reissue.... Maybe it is best to be left alone. The indentation is really light and not noticeable unless you scrutinize it.

Lambskin and caviar. It will work for either. Regular caviar is firmer by nature so it may not be as effective, but you can certainly make it look better than it was.

purse-nality - sorry I don't have any ideas for either of those. Botox maybe?! lol!

Thanks again for the suggestions. I haven't tried the hair dryer yet, but I wanted to let everyone know it is getting better with time and gentle massaging of the leather. Each day it becomes less noticeable. Phew! My heart literally stopped when I first saw those marks.

Jennifer

Give it a few days or so. I once stuffed my white caviar med flap in a hotel safe and it was squashed in there all day. When I took it out the next day it had pretty deep indentations on it and it was the front! Luckily by the next day there was absolutely NO SIGN of it. :smile: