Help, did I make the right choice?

amozo

Nov 3, 2015
I was going to get a Celine goatskin nano in Antarctic, but after going to Chanel and trying on the jumbo black caviar classic with gold hardware I fell in love. I didn't realize it was cross body size as well, so that is a plus. I am looking for an every day cross body. The size is perfect and it fits a lot. The nano seemed less classic and sort of small although I truly love the pop of color. What do you think!? I'm having buyers remorse on such an expensive bag, but then again it's a classic I can use for years to come.

View attachment 3194700

I just bought the LV alma BB in turquoise. Ill be honest, it's a lot harder to wear than expected. The colour looks beautiful with greys, whites and black, but it's hard to wear a blue back unless your outfit is put together. The Chanel is really classic, and you can pull it off dressy and casual. Plus, Chanel KEEPS increasing their prices. If I had a classic flap in my hands I would never let go.

Amozo, in my opinion, you made the absolute RIGHT choice. The Chanel flap is timeless. The nano is cute, but it cannot even begin to compare to the Chanel. I consider some of the bags from Céline that are more under the radar to be timeless. But, the luggage, phantom, and trapeze pieces are extremely trendy in my eyes. Congratulations on such a beautiful bag. You look beautiful as well! xx.

Amozo, in my opinion, you made the absolute RIGHT choice. The Chanel flap is timeless. The nano is cute, but it cannot even begin to compare to the Chanel. I consider some of the bags from Céline that are more under the radar to be timeless. But, the luggage, phantom, and trapeze pieces are extremely trendy in my eyes. Congratulations on such a beautiful bag. You look beautiful as well! xx.

Thank you for the kind words, Sophia! I love my new bag. I have a navy croc phantom so I got my trendy Celine workhorse bag, which I love, so I think I can truly appreciate this purchase for years to come.

i also love celine, but when chanel is thrown into the equation... there's really only one answer.... CHANEL CHANEL CHANEL!!! u wear the jumbo well and caviar is very durable for everyday use. (i personally have a jumbo lambskin with GHW bc i just can't resist the lambskin even though it's more high maintenance :P). u made the ONLY choice IMO. the nano is cute, but the chanel is timeless.

I was going to get a Celine goatskin nano in Antarctic, but after going to Chanel and trying on the jumbo black caviar classic with gold hardware I fell in love. I didn't realize it was cross body size as well, so that is a plus. I am looking for an every day cross body. The size is perfect and it fits a lot. The nano seemed less classic and sort of small although I truly love the pop of color. What do you think!? I'm having buyers remorse on such an expensive bag, but then again it's a classic I can use for years to come.

View attachment 3194700
I think chanel wins over anything. classic and timeless. the celine will fade with time unlike the channel. however the chanel strap can be painful. that is when people often go for the boy bag when looking for a cross body chanel.

View attachment 3194700

I am a huge fan of Celine bags, but if i had to choice between the Celine Nano and the Chanel Jumbo Flap, i would buy the Chanel bag. It is absolutely classic that can be worn dressed up or casual and it looks fantastic on you. But if you already have Chanel flap bags, then the Celine Nano would be a great variation. :smile: May i ask if their is a big price difference between the Chanel Jumbo Flap and the Celine Nano?

I am a huge fan of Celine bags, but if i had to choice between the Celine Nano and the Chanel Jumbo Flap, i would buy the Chanel bag. It is absolutely classic that can be worn dressed up or casual and it looks fantastic on you. But if you already have Chanel flap bags, then the Celine Nano would be a great variation. :smile: May i ask if their is a big price difference between the Chanel Jumbo Flap and the Celine Nano?

Nano in goatskin is $3150 and Chanel Jumbo Caviar flap was $5500, $5940 out the door. So a huge price jump, but totally worth it :P