Help - did i choose the right mam???

Jan 23, 2008
Hi ladies! I haven't posted here in a long while. I bought my first RM MAM in black quilted patent a few years ago and love it. I've been wanting to add another one to my handbag wardrobe. I stopped by NR tonight (I had some time to myself-which is rare) and low and behold, there were 2 MAMs!!!!! I'm so glad they seem to be getting in RM stuff (at least pouches anyway). SoI had to choose between the 2, I just couldn't leave one there. :graucho:
Here's a picture of the two. The one on the left is Luggage with Rose Gold Hardware, the one on the right is Almond with Light Gold Hardware. The Luggage color bag's leather seems "glazed" and the Almond leather wasn't and was showing several scratches/scuff marks (which really doesn't bother me with that type of leather). I do want to be able to carry the bag year around. After debating for way too long, I brought home the Luggage with Rose Gold hardware. What do you ladies think? Did I make the right choice, or should I switch it for the Almond? Your help is appreciated as always!!! (Sorry for the huge picture!!)
30d21425.jpg

JennyErin

O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
I say you did!! Luggage with RG HW is so beautiful!! The Almond is nice too but the Luggage with RG HW just has that something extra special!! Plus you can't go wrong with RG HW. Congrats on your new MAM she is a beauty!!!!

Belle79

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
I say you did!! Luggage with RG HW is so beautiful!! The Almond is nice too but the Luggage with RG HW just has that something extra special!! Plus you can't go wrong with RG HW. Congrats on your new MAM she is a beauty!!!!

ITA - When you put them next to each other I prefer the shade of the luggage and the RG hardware isn't something you see every day :tup:

AJ1025

-- bag/dog lady --
Jan 8, 2011
I think you made the right choice- the Luggage/RG hardware is a really striking and unique combination. It's a very elegant neutral bag and I think you're going to love her!

Jan 23, 2008
Thank you ladies. She's sitting on my dinning room table now, so I can look at her!
I went back and forth between the 2 and finally took both of them over by the window in the store to see what they looked liked in as much natural light as possible. That's when I decided I liked the luggage better, it seemed a little darker in color. It's a soft bag (not quite as soft at the almond) too and I like that. To top it all off, it has a red zipper! Red is my favorite color and I think it looks great against the luggage color.
Thank you again, I was really torn!
They also had 2 mini nikkis and 1 reg. nikki.

TaraP

Bruno Von PepFried<3
O.G.
Jan 3, 2009
Congrats! The luggage color has always intrigued me especially because of that red zipper track.. I just love the look of a MAM with a contrasting zipper track. :love: The RG hw looks great! You definitely made a great choice!

Jan 23, 2008
Thank you everyone! You've all made me feel good about my decision!
Here it is the next day, and I'm still staring at it on my table. Waiting for my DD to wake up (she just got back from DC at 5am this morning) to get her opinion too!
I've been carrying my MK N/S Hamilton (black) since January (which is absolutely unheard of for me to carry 1 bag so long), I'm dying to put my stuff in my new RM!

tejava

O.G.
Jun 30, 2008
I would have chosen the Luggage MAM,too. The color and leather texture are more appealing to me, and like others already mentioned, the zipper track and the rose gold hardware add special twists to the bag. Congrats on the new bag, it's GORGEOUS!

Cocolo

~NiceGirl My Butt!~
O.G.
Sep 24, 2010
I thoroughly agree You picked the right bag. The Rose Gold HW is perfect, and the shade of the Luggage just speaks to me more than the Almond. Congrats on a great bag.

Enjoy!