HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED CHANEL Shipped from US to AUSTRALIA

pamelala06

CC is my Religion
O.G.
Jan 6, 2010
Hi,

I'm just wondering if any of you fellow TPF girls or guys can help me. I recently bought a Chanel bag online from a reputable seller on bonanza.

The declared value is rather high, roughly $2500. And it's been stuck at customs for over a week now. I understand the delay due to the string of public holidays we've had. I'm happy to pay those taxes, I just urgently want my bag!

Aus Post has said that a notice will be sent to me containing advice on how to clear the bag from customs. My question is, how long does it take to get this notice???????

Has anyone from AUS had similar experiences with high-value items? What are the processes involved? Can anyone console me, I feel so worried that my bag is just stuck in Limbo and will not get to me.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Everything is taking forever, so I wouldn't stress too much. I'm still waiting on shoes that were shipped from the US at the beginning of December.

Customs take a break, of course, and as well as the Christmas and Boxing Day holidays, Australia Post took their own holiday last Friday and made it a super long weekend along with New Year's Day. Basically, they only worked two days last week and everything only began again yesterday. Your notice could very well be on its way, but things do come to a bit of standstill for both customs and postage over Christmas/New Year's.

Everything is taking forever, so I wouldn't stress too much. I'm still waiting on shoes that were shipped from the US at the beginning of December.

Customs take a break, of course, and as well as the Christmas and Boxing Day holidays, Australia Post took their own holiday last Friday and made it a super long weekend along with New Year's Day. Basically, they only worked two days last week and everything only began again yesterday. Your notice could very well be on its way, but things do come to a bit of standstill for both customs and postage over Christmas/New Year's.

Thanks so much for your reassurance! It's much appreciated!

Does anyone have any other experiences with high value items that were held in customs until you got a botice and had to fill out the import declaration form?

Hi. I am in Australia and have had had to pay customs on a number of purchases. Everyone else is correct - there are always delays at this time of years and remember they are probably short-staffed with lots of people away on holidays too. Once you send the completed forms back to them, it is normally only a few days for them to process your payment and get your purchase sent out. Don't worry!

Hi. I am in Australia and have had had to pay customs on a number of purchases. Everyone else is correct - there are always delays at this time of years and remember they are probably short-staffed with lots of people away on holidays too. Once you send the completed forms back to them, it is normally only a few days for them to process your payment and get your purchase sent out. Don't worry!

Thanks for your reply! I guess I'll just need to be more patient! Lol

Hi,

I'm just wondering if any of you fellow TPF girls or guys can help me. I recently bought a Chanel bag online from a reputable seller on bonanza.

The declared value is rather high, roughly $2500. And it's been stuck at customs for over a week now. I understand the delay due to the string of public holidays we've had. I'm happy to pay those taxes, I just urgently want my bag!

Aus Post has said that a notice will be sent to me containing advice on how to clear the bag from customs. My question is, how long does it take to get this notice???????

Has anyone from AUS had similar experiences with high-value items? What are the processes involved? Can anyone console me, I feel so worried that my bag is just stuck in Limbo and will not get to me.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Hey, I notice this thread was like 2 years ago..but i need help!! Im facing the same problem as well. I've got the custom letter but Im not too sure about filling in the custom form. Where do you find the "tariff classification of the goods" and "state code". Its so confusing. Did you just declare the bag urself or did u find a custom broker to do it for you. Thank you in advance =)

celine0428 have a look here for information about importing items http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4226.asp you can contact Customs and they will point you in the right direction. You can use a import agent but they are very expensive, it is easy to do it yourself.

See here too for info about finding out Tarriffs but take note of the General Enquiries note at the top of the page http://www.customs.gov.au/tariff/default.asp - just give them a call.

Hey, I notice this thread was like 2 years ago..but i need help!! Im facing the same problem as well. I've got the custom letter but Im not too sure about filling in the custom form. Where do you find the "tariff classification of the goods" and "state code". Its so confusing. Did you just declare the bag urself or did u find a custom broker to do it for you. Thank you in advance =)

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. But everything worked well after I filled out the customs declaration form and I did it myself. Although i did have to pay an extra $450 to release the bag. The tariff classification of goods and state code are just numbers corresponding to the item. I.e leather goods have their own code. It's at the back on the yellow piece of paper. All of the information should be provided in the letter. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. But everything worked well after I filled out the customs declaration form and I did it myself. Although i did have to pay an extra $450 to release the bag. The tariff classification of goods and state code are just numbers corresponding to the item. I.e leather goods have their own code. It's at the back on the yellow piece of paper. All of the information should be provided in the letter. Hope this helps.
Thats altight..no worries! I manage to fill it myself and sent it via email yesterday. How long did it take for the whole process until they finally release the bag from custom?

Thats altight..no worries! I manage to fill it myself and sent it via email yesterday. How long did it take for the whole process until they finally release the bag from custom?

After that it takes about 4 days to process....then they will send you an email regarding how much you need to pay.... once you pay it will take 1-2 days for them to give the package back to Aus. post. What bag did you order anyway?

celine0428 have a look here for information about importing items http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4226.asp you can contact Customs and they will point you in the right direction. You can use a import agent but they are very expensive, it is easy to do it yourself.

See here too for info about finding out Tarriffs but take note of the General Enquiries note at the top of the page http://www.customs.gov.au/tariff/default.asp - just give them a call.
Thanks! i've already settled the custom declaration form yesterday. Just waiting to proceed to the next step now=)

After that it takes about 4 days to process....then they will send you an email regarding how much you need to pay.... once you pay it will take 1-2 days for them to give the package back to Aus. post. What bag did you order anyway?
Thanks for the info love! Guess Im just too excited. Cant wait for the bag to arrive! I bought a vintage Chanel 2.55 Jumbo =D