HELP deciding on my FIRST RM ?

I am also new to Minkoff and so far I really love what I have. Although I am waiting for a MAB to arrive, I am sure that I am going to use my Nikki much more than the MAB. You will LOVE how light a Nikki feels and how gorgeous the leather is. I love the way Wine looks and cannot wait to see it IRL.

I think RM is much yummier leather pr $ than newer Balenciaga bags, but that is just my personal opinion...

I am really late on this thread and see that you decided on a full-sized Nikki, but as far as color goes, I have 3 MAM's and all three are PERFECT colors: Navy Luxe (very versatile dark navy blue color; very easy to wear), Charcoal Patent (This color literally goes with everything and has the most incredible color: sometimes it looks like a deep bronze, other times it looks nearly black or dark grey and the patent is amazing!), and Wine (Like everyone says: the wine RM is a "staple". I do find I don't wear this bag as much as the other two, but I still love it and it is a special bag to carry).

Have you considered Navy Luxe or Charcoal Patent in your Nikki search? Very versatile, easy colors to wear with anything!

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Last edited:
I realize I'm late to this thread :smile: but just wanted to weigh in.

I have five RM bags:
1) black MAM
2) cobalt MAB
3) seafoam mini Nikki
4) yellow mini Nikki
5) eggshell MAC

If I could only have one, I would choose the black MAM, without any hesitation at all. Here's why:

Size
--The MAM is a great size. It holds everything that I need on a daily basis comfortably, but isn't too big (the MAB is a bit large for my taste). The MAC isn't big enough for me to use as a day-to-day bag, though it's great for a knock-around weekend bag when I want to have my hands free.

Shape -- the MAM has a very classic, ladylike shape that dresses up or down easily. It's not what I would consider a "fancy" bag, so I wouldn't wear it with evening clothes, for example, but it looks refined with, say, a wrap dress and heels. However, because it slouches, it just as easily looks casual with jeans. The mini Nikki (and full-sized Nikki) have a much more casual shape, so they're less versatile IMO. I do wear my mini Nikkis with my suits, because I think that they give a fun pop of color; however, if I could only have one, I'd pick the bag with the more classic shape.

Leather -- Eggshell and Yellow aren't as nice feeling as Black, Cobalt, and Seafoam. All of the colors you listed fall into the latter category (soft and smooshy), I think, so that's not really an issue for you :smile:.

Just my $0.02. I like all of my bags, but if I had to narrow down to just one, I'd keep the black MAM (and if I could only keep two, it would be the black MAM and the seafoam MN).

I'm sure whatever you pick will be terrific! Just make sure you pick something that goes well with your wardrobe and your lifestyle.

Well I take back my post on DEFINITELY getting a Nikki. I keep going back and forth between a Nikki/Mini Nikki and a Morning After Mini. If you have thoughts on EITHER style (for or against) I'd love to hear your feedback!

As far as colors go, I really like these ones:
WINE
CLOUD GREY
CONCORD
Charcoal Patent - as suggested by cooper1
Chocolate
Stonewashed Colors (blue, chocolate, etc.)
OTHER

I'm sure that I sound silly going back and forth like this.. but I want to choose a bag that I'll use for years... and I especially want to make a good decision since they're not exactly cheap. :kiss:

Okay, so I've narrowed it down (a little bit)....

NIKKI
-Chocolate Stone Washed

MORNING AFTER MINI
-Sage
-Navy
-Wine
-Noir

Thoughts?
If you pass by a deal on one of these bags, feel free to PM ME!
It's never too late to post here since I'm still deciding. THANKS!~

Last edited:
I ended up making a decision... finally.
I found a very good deal on a Morning After Mini in Mocha and I'm SO excited about it.
I know it's not in one of the colors I was thinking about, but I love dark brown and the price was good. I feel like the mocha will be a good basic to have and that it will work with any of my clothes.
Of course, I'm going to be on a money-saving kick for the next months ahead.. but I can't wait. Thank you all for your help!

Congrats Teaparties! I am new to RM too - ordered my first Sea Green MAM in Dec. and LOVE it but I too needed something more neutral for everyday. I just ordered one in Fawn (which looks to be a light brown). I am selling off all my other bags to afford more MAMs! The Mocha sounds gorgeous! Hope you'll post pics when you recieve it.

Okay, so I've narrowed it down (a little bit)....

NIKKI
-Chocolate Stone Washed

MORNING AFTER MINI
-Sage
-Navy
-Wine
-Noir

Thoughts?
If you pass by a deal on one of these bags, feel free to PM ME!
It's never too late to post here since I'm still deciding. THANKS!~

Here is a stonewash chocolate Nikki for a great deal! However it has been listed for a long time so i would recommend emailing the seller to make sure it is still available!

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3321891