Help Deciding on First Chanel Bag

Missbing

Jun 20, 2016
I fell in love with the Chanel boy bag last year and ever since have been saving up and researching which bag I should buy. This will be my first Chanel and probably only one for a while so I want to make sure I don’t regret my purchase (I regretted my first LV). I want to go with black because I think it would go with more and I just love black. Also, although I love the look of the lamp skin I don’t like how delicate it is, so I’m going with caviar. I narrowed my selection down to 2 choices. Until last week I was set on the caviar, but while browsing the Chanel site, I came across a black studded boy bag that I really like. If this was your first or only Chanel, which would you buy? I probably won’t purchase it for another few months.

0B8CD766-C6EA-4957-A5BD-C9756764EB9D.png 08BB9913-9B8D-4FC6-9A53-BA000321E2B6.png

I would go for the second one...
They are both georgous, but the first one is too stylish for my taste...i would fall out of love with it after a few months, I guess...
The second one is a classic with stunning hardware...
You can dress up every outfit with it and it also has an edgy look...

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I saw the first one also on the website and loved it too--but then I thought that the beading (?) would catch on my clothes. I'd only get it if I already had a classic boy and unlimited funds [emoji23]

We are bag journey twins:smile: I have a WOC but no other Chanel and I have been in love with the boy for 5-6 years. The medium Boy with black caviar leather and ruthenium hardware was my all time dream bag UNTIL I saw the studded number above.
I saw the studded bag in person a couple of months ago and it is absolutely gorgeous. The design is impeccable. But there was one thing that disappointed me in person: the color is not black and is instead metallic cool grey calfskin. When I saw it online I thought it was black and asked the SA and she confirmed it was only made in grey--it's just the lighting online that makes it look black. In addition, while it's calfskin the leather feels very delicate and I don't think the metallic finish on this one would be very durable. It's still a special bag, just not as special as it would be in non-metallic black.

I put my name on the waitlist for the black caviar, and I just got a call today that it has arrived (my anniversary is Sunday so the timing is good). I hope you get your dream bag soon!

Also, the beading goes all the way around the bag, not just the flap, so it is super pretty but could catch in delicate fabrics. It is very well made so I doubt there would be damage to the beads, though.

We are bag journey twins:smile: I have a WOC but no other Chanel and I have been in love with the boy for 5-6 years. The medium Boy with black caviar leather and ruthenium hardware was my all time dream bag UNTIL I saw the studded number above.
I saw the studded bag in person a couple of months ago and it is absolutely gorgeous. The design is impeccable. But there was one thing that disappointed me in person: the color is not black and is instead metallic cool grey calfskin. When I saw it online I thought it was black and asked the SA and she confirmed it was only made in grey--it's just the lighting online that makes it look black. In addition, while it's calfskin the leather feels very delicate and I don't think the metallic finish on this one would be very durable. It's still a special bag, just not as special as it would be in non-metallic black.

I put my name on the waitlist for the black caviar, and I just got a call today that it has arrived (my anniversary is Sunday so the timing is good). I hope you get your dream bag soon!
Thanks for the info. That's disappointing that it's not black. It's still pretty, but I want black as my first bag.