Help deciding on a Damier Ebone shoulder bag..

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i think i started my original post in the wrong section of LV??

Help deciding on a nice size Damier Ebone Shoulder Tote, Need another LV in my life

Hi everyone,

i need help picking out a nice Damier Shoulder bag. I like East/West bags..

Funds are limited so I really can't (shouldn't) buy a new bag. So i am on the hunt for a good used Damier Ebone Shoulder bag. Just can't decide on the style. I am researching some older styles.

Here is some info on my studies -

Possibilities, Parioli, Chelsea ..
    (i really regret selling my Belem MM. or i wouldn' be doing this hunt. i can't find a Belem right now.. booooo, can you believe they have that bag at the BH Boutique? i thought it was Discontinued)

I am open to Any other suggestions on similar styles that i am not aware exists???

Note I eliminated (do not want) the following styles from my hunt list:

NF, i have seen IRL how the straps come apart, not really into the style.
    Hampstead, Totally & Saleya

Now the Seleya would be alright but the style seems wider at the top, and i would like the oposite.

2. I REALLY love my Chelsea. I have one from the centennial collection, so the leather on mine is the vachetta, and the Damier canvas is a little lighter in color, but I find it to be a great go-to bag.

3. sounds lovely do you have a pic somewhere?

4. Here she is...It's laying down, but you can get the general idea of what I meant about the coloring. See how it's lighter than the usual Ebene Damier; that's another thing that makes this one stand out in the crowd...

Attached Files:

5. Sorry to hear about the Belem.

I like the Chelsea - it's a good sized bag, but not overly big.
    Good luck with your search.

6. Wow.. i love it with the Vachetta handles., really nice contrast!. , that is probably going to be really hard to find..

7. I likethe Chelsea too.

8. #8 Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010

@mzedith - Yes, I like the fact that if I do see someone with a Chelsea, it's usually a "regular" one
    ; one with darker leather and a darker pattern. I had someone question the authenticity of mine once, because it's rare to see one like mine. :graucho: You might be able to catch one on eBay...I sometimes see people selling off Centennial pieces; these have a special number on them because a limited number of them were produced. GL!!!

9. Would you consider another Belem MM - I've seen them back on LouisVuitton.com

I have one and love it. Your post made me decide to wear it tomorrow!

10. i am leaning toward the Belem. i really liked the straps. they were different. coated, instead of all dark brown leather. and stiff. and it zipped open completely.

11. Trevi

12. Trevi! Such a gorgeous bag...

13. If you could swing a Trevi, I would go for that bag in a heartbeat! Next I would go for the Belem, it really is a gorgeous bag! I like the pictures of the Chelsea, but I haven't seen it IRL so I can't really comment on that one. Good luck with your search!