Help, deciding between custom purple and harewood Nikkis!

madaboutdarcy

Mrs. Darcy
Oct 24, 2007
Hi ladies,

So I have been looking for a Nikki for some time now (I've got a Matinee, MAB, Elisha, and well that was next on the list)... and I've also been lusting after the Purple Haze MAB and the Harewood Nikki/MAB.

I am looking at both the CUSTOM PURPLE and HAREWOOD Nikkis on RM.com and feel soooo confused! It doesn't help that their photos may not be 100% accurate as I've read on other threads?

I want a brown-Cognac-y shade; and a dark Purple-Haze shade (even if it isn't distressed). I'm staying away from dark brown-almost-Glazed Espresso shade (as I already have a Matinee in that color). I'm more a purple-closer-to-blue than purple-closer-to-pink.

Sorry about all the pickiness. I have to find a way to justify my spending to my DH and a same-shade bag will not cut it LOL :biggrin:

Anyone with experience with either colors? :smile: Thanks for your help!

Hi ladies,

So I have been looking for a Nikki for some time now (I've got a Matinee, MAB, Elisha, and well that was next on the list)... and I've also been lusting after the Purple Haze MAB and the Harewood Nikki/MAB.

I am looking at both the CUSTOM PURPLE and HAREWOOD Nikkis on RM.com and feel soooo confused! It doesn't help that their photos may not be 100% accurate as I've read on other threads?

I want a brown-Cognac-y shade; and a dark Purple-Haze shade (even if it isn't distressed). I'm staying away from dark brown-almost-Glazed Espresso shade (as I already have a Matinee in that color). I'm more a purple-closer-to-blue than purple-closer-to-pink.

Sorry about all the pickiness. I have to find a way to justify my spending to my DH and a same-shade bag will not cut it LOL :biggrin:

Anyone with experience with either colors? :smile: Thanks for your help!

Harewood is verrrrry close, almost identical to chocolate. IMO, it would fit the bill quite nicely for your "brown-cognac-y shade" request. Glazed Espresso is much darker than the Harewood.

This thread may help you with the Harewood Nikki choice....

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/auburn-harewood-and-chocolate-comparisons-525029.html

good luck!!