HELP decide on first Selma!

mayumi

Apr 24, 2010
I haven't been buying any Michael Kors lately except for his clothes (which is just divine as well as practical). Because of the selma club forum I've finally decided that YES I am also in love with this bag and am planning on getting my first this week. PLEASE help me decide on what color, I'm choosing between dark dune or luggage. If you have both can you please show me a side by side color comparison?

Hmm that's a tough decision!! I don't have a selma yet (I keep finding better deals on other bags I like), but when I do get one it will probably be in luggage. I have a luggage astor and it's been one of my most used bags because the color is gorgeous and goes with everything. Do you have anything in either color yet?

None in both colors. I usually shy away from browns but both these colors are just gorgeous in saffiano leather! But I need the most practical for my first Selma.

If you don't have either I would probably get luggage. I think everyone should have that color in their collection. I've never been a huge brown purse lover either but that color is just rich and yummy and looks great with everything. The dark dune is very pretty too. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both will go with a lot.

If you want most practical then the luggage although they both could be as practical and each other depends how you match your bags. Because i dont tend to match mine to outfits if im using it i use it

I've only seen both colors side-by-side in a store. Luggage is a rich, medium toned brown that goes with everything. Dark dune is a brownish-grey that is a perfect neutral...almost taupe. The question is whether you want to go more brown or more grey for the handbag. Both colors are great neutrals.

Thanks everyone! I got the luggage one last night from the MK boutique. I would like to share pictures but don't know how. LOL! I am also ordering my next one online in Mandarin. I really want the red one but so hard to find so Mandarin is the closest color ;)

Thanks everyone! I got the luggage one last night from the MK boutique. I would like to share pictures but don't know how. LOL! I am also ordering my next one online in Mandarin. I really want the red one but so hard to find so Mandarin is the closest color ;)
Bag twins!!! I also have a luggage Selma. Congratulations on your purchase. If you're interested in red, why not wait and take a look at the new color coming out called scarlet. It is closer to red than Mandarin, which is an orangish red. Zappos just got some in stock, so you can take a look on their website.

Yay!! I hope you love it! I agree with ubo22 about looking at scarlet. I actually love mandarin and would love a bag that color but it's a very bright orange red. I think it's even brighter on the selma. Enjoy your new luggage selma!