Help: Date Code and Location don't match - Bought at LV Store

lagona

May 12, 2020
Hi everybody,

I'm freaking a bit out over this, so I hope someone can help me.

A few days ago I got my very first Louis Vuitton item, a beautiful Victorine wallet. I am so happy! I got it at the Louis Vuitton store in Frankfurt (Germany).

Today I was trying to see what the date code is and saw it starts with FH. I googled it and it says on multiple sites that FH stands for a US production facility.

The problem is that my wallet says 'made in Italy'. Now I'm freaking out. Can someone please explain this to me? :sad:

I always read that this is one of the first indicators when buying/selling LV products that the date code and location don't match. I'm worried that if I were to sell this wallet in a few years this could be a problem despite having a receipt.

If you bought the item at a Vuitton store, it is 100% authentic.
And again: those date code lists on the internet are ‘fan-made’, far from being official. Nobody besides the company itself has an official list of datecode combinations or a definitive list of product characteristics required for proper authentication. I really don’t understand these online guides.
And there are some identical codes that ateliers share. I have seen many Italian FH bags before, mostly leather pieces.
Enjoy your purchase.

If you bought the item at a Vuitton store, it is 100% authentic.
And again: those date code lists on the internet are ‘fan-made’, far from being official. Nobody besides the company itself has an official list of datecode combinations or a definitive list of product characteristics required for proper authentication. I really don’t understand these online guides.
And there are some identical codes that ateliers share. I have seen many Italian FH bags before, mostly leather pieces.
Enjoy your purchase.

Interesting, thank you for your reply! I don't doubt that it is authentic, I am only worried about resale issues, since everyone is always going on about the date codes. Someone else has told me I should immediately contact client services, so I wrote them a message before I read your reply. I wished I had read your answer before. I hope they don't get mad for receiving that question, since it is obviously authentic.

Reactions: mf_ika
The other thing I wanted to give you as an advice is that you really shouldn't worry about something so uncertain in the future. Maybe you won't sell it ever. And even if you do, those fan-made lists will be mostly updated by then. So don't worry.

Can I please ask, where is the date code located in the victorine wallet? I bought mine last year and have never been able to find it. Mines in the empreinte leather. Thank you.

Can I please ask, where is the date code located in the victorine wallet? I bought mine last year and have never been able to find it. Mines in the empreinte leather. Thank you.
It's hidden inside the notes compartment. By the side where it borders the coin compartment, next to the seam. You need to open it a bit up and shine a light in. Did you manage to find it?

I got mine as a gift today it is also made in italy. I got it at the boutique. I got mine with monogram with brown interior, / the one with pink interior was made in france though. But, since i wont sell it so its okay.

it is such a great pretty wallet!