help: courcheval sagging?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i've had a read of the leather thread in the reference section about courchevel and since it's similar to epsom, i was assuming that it'd be pretty rigid. however, whilst browsing ebay, i chanced upon a birkin in courcheval (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300111011304&rd=1&rd=1) and the seller described the leather as having turned very soft and needing stuffings to stand alone. As such, i was wondering just how sturdy courcheval really is and whether it's normal for it to soften/sag so much overtime.

moreover, is there perhaps any way to maintain or upkeep the rigidity of the leathers or is it a lost cause? i'm looking at getting my first birkin from paris (with some luck) and would really like a more rigid leather. it seems like vache liegee would be fit the bill, but are there any alternatives besides that and more importantly, how much slouch would i be looking at, over time?

thanks in advance, everyone. :flowers:

2. I don't have a Birkin but I've had a courchevel Kelly for six years. It's a rigid Kelly and there is no sign of sagging whatsoever. I don't use it much though.

3. my courchevels are as sturdy and hardy as ever!
    I believe it was used to make saddles.
    angie