HELP!! could anyone help me AUTHENTICATE this DIOR GAUCHO bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltwisteds2

my purse
Dec 4, 2007
Hi,

I am new to all this and I'm about to pay a fortune for my first dior gaucho tote in winter white. The bag is about to be listed on ebay, by a 100% positive feedback seller
http://myworld.ebay.com/beautifulbasics

so far, great customer service and communication. the bag is in a mint used condition with its medallion missing...offered price is a little over $1000 with shipping. currently my only concern is the seller's no refund policy and the missing medallion. would dior boutique replace it for me with a fee? and is this bag authentic? is the price reasonable?

is it worth it or not worth it...i need everyone's advice. specially dior gaucho owners, your response will be greatly appreciated.

I've attached some pictures, and thank you everyone!

Attachments

• 88920327_o.jpg
    88920327_o.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 88920351_o.jpg
    88920351_o.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 88920392_o.jpg
    88920392_o.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 88920426_o.jpg
    88920426_o.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 88920438_o.jpg
    88920438_o.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 84
Hi,

I am new to all this and I'm about to pay a fortune for my first dior gaucho tote in winter white. The bag is about to be listed on ebay, by a 100% positive feedback seller
http://myworld.ebay.com/beautifulbasics

so far, great customer service and communication. the bag is in a mint used condition with its medallion missing...offered price is a little over $1000 with shipping. currently my only concern is the seller's no refund policy and the missing medallion. would dior boutique replace it for me with a fee? and is this bag authentic? is the price reasonable?

is it worth it or not worth it...i need everyone's advice. specially dior gaucho owners, your response will be greatly appreciated.

I've attached some pictures, and thank you everyone!
Best to pop it in the authenticate this thread for future reference.

It is definitely authentic and beatifulbasics is an active member of the dior forum ;)

I don't see why they couldn't replace it but maybe check on that as I'm not too sure.

Best to pop it in the authenticate this thread for future reference.

It is definitely authentic and beatifulbasics is an active member of the dior forum ;)

I don't see why they couldn't replace it but maybe check on that as I'm not too sure.

Dior would replace it. They'll either have the part in the store or it will have to be mailed to New York. Either way should take about 2-3 weeks to get it back. Should also be free of charge. I had to have a piece replaced on my gaucho a few months ago.

Dior would replace it. They'll either have the part in the store or it will have to be mailed to New York. Either way should take about 2-3 weeks to get it back. Should also be free of charge. I had to have a piece replaced on my gaucho a few months ago.
I would double check regarding it being free though because it is being purchased via ebay so I would have thought it would depend on the warranty period etc.

It looks as though it has been lost and not a fault as such so there may be a fee :shrugs:

to be honest if you were to look hard enough you could find great bargains on ebay. Like I said in the authenticity thread I wouldnt buy if it was missing the coin. With the January sales coming up and the outets giving up to 40% you never know what could end up on ebay!!1

thank you guys so much! i didn't even know a dior outlet existed....are we able to call in and ask if they carry a specific style?(for me it would be the white gaucho tote..but) again i appreciate all advice!

hey there I found the white tote on Daibro and only $1119.63 & Delivery
Brand Spanking New with Coin lol thats like only $120 more the what the seller is offering you.
smallwac44937_vea_w1_01ooooo.jpg

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/cPath/192_880/products_id/7337

I brought my mini gaucho from there and its 100% authentic and very good service!

oh my gosh lamissy you are awsome!!! im stunned. just wondering though, how did you get your bag authenticated? by bringing to the store or...?

again, thank you so much for the info

oh my gosh lamissy you are awsome!!! im stunned. just wondering though, how did you get your bag authenticated? by bringing to the store or...?

again, thank you so much for the info

hun diabro is a store, all their products are definitely authentic and they will declare lower value for you on the parcel to avoid the customs if you wish :yes: many many gals here use it constantly.

yes they are a store in Japan with offices in USA i think.

But they are 100% legit many members have brought bags there not only Dior but other named brands. No compaints about fakes.

lol i just finished reading the thread about how great diabro is. you ladies are awsome, im loving purse forum!! it makes me wanna buy more and though ;P but anyhow, i found this double gaucho (in large i assume) on ebay, and so far it looks pretty authentic. but you know im gonna need your help. i'm starting to debate over either black or white...at first i thought white cuz lighter colors give this purse more of a soft, younger look, versus to a black one where its more classy and elegant. What do you ladies think of the color, and any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.