Help! Confused! Jumbo Flap in Caviar Black or Beige???

Hi ladies... I need some serious help. I'm very new to the TPF and this is actually my first thread. A little background on me: Last month, October was the first time I've ever bought a Chanel and OMG...I'm obsessed!!! I cant get enough!!! hehe.... So, I bought a PST Caviar in black with GH and a M/L flap in back G/H. NOW... the dilemma, I've already paid for it and I will be picking it up tomorrow and I just cannot decide if I should I keep the one they are holding for me which is a Jumbo Flap Caviar in BLACK S/H OR Should I get the Jumbo Flap Caviar in Beige G/H. I'm in Vancouver and it rains here all the time which is why I thought black is the way to go. BUT the beige is just so nice.... any thoughts? It would really be very very much appreciated.

Thank you ladies...

Hmm since you already have a black flap I would say beige, BUT if you plan to use the bag daily, black really is the way to go :smile: I just bought the jumbo in black and I have the same bag in the large size... both w/ silver hardware. Crazy, but they have such different uses :smile:

You can't go wrong with either bag. I was going to suggest the black if it's going to be your 1st & only Chanel....But since you already have the m/l black flap GH, I think you should get the beige jumbo GH. It's such a beautiful combo & can be worn year round. Don't forget to post modeling pics.

nycgirl330: I know eh... both bags have different uses :smile: My DH thinks I'm nuts.

SoCalgirl: When I saw the beige, I want to get it right away. The only thing that held me back is the fear of color transfer.

Do you ladies have any feedback on the color transfer of beige bags? Do i need to fear that or am I just being paranoid? =)

No worries with color transfer if you get it in caviar leather. I have a light colored bag too & just wipe it down after use. It's as good as new. I would not recommend getting it in lambskin ---that's an accident waiting to happen.

Transfer is not a problem as long as you dont let it sit too long (weeks). When I use my caviar light colored bags I wipe them down as soon as I see any sign of transfer or darkening. I tend to look at my bags often hehe. Just keep an eye out, that's all. I saw a tad of darkening on my beige bag the other day in the top of the back pocket, but I wiped it completely off, not a sign.

Thank you all so much for all your input. It makes me feel so much better that the color transfer will not be too much of a big deal. Yay...

Ok ladies.... after much deliberation, I've decided on the beige. I've just emailed the SA and informed her. So hopefully she still has the beige, cross your fingers for me. But good point though, either one (black or beige) is a keeper. I'll keep you all posted for some pics. I'm SO EXCITED. =)

OP, Beige with Gold Hardware is an amazingly stunning combination. Since you already have a black bag, spice it up with some different colors! You said it yourself that you liked the color. There are a ton of threads on tPF describing how to maintain your Chanel bag..scuffs..color transfer..etc