Date Code & "Made In" Questions

I have a question: I want to purchase a Louis Vuitton Speedy and the data code says that it is made in the 42th week of 2014 but the date on the receipt is the 31.01.2015. Is it possible that the bag of 2014 was still in store on 31.01. and has the datacode of the last year? Thanks for your help :smile:

I have a question: I want to purchase a Louis Vuitton Speedy and the data code says that it is made in the 42th week of 2014 but the date on the receipt is the 31.01.2015. Is it possible that the bag of 2014 was still in store on 31.01. and has the datacode of the last year? Thanks for your help :smile:

This is very possible. I once bought a Delightful GM in 2015 and the production date code was 2014. It had a slight patina, but otherwise was in perfect condition. Sometimes stock sits forgotten and that's why that happens.

I recently purchased my Emilie wallet online from the lv store. It is made in France and the date code is VM2280. I have not come across the date code starring with VM as of yet so I’m wondering if this is a new code coming from France.

Reactions: LemonDrop
I’ve bought the neverfull recently. It is made in France and the date code starts with LU, which I’ve also never seen before. It seems that they started to use new codes. I read that last October LV opened new factory in France, so I think that maybe these new codes are used for items manufactured there, but I don’t know this for sure.

Reactions: Mano90
I’ve bought the neverfull recently. It is made in France and the date code starts with LU, which I’ve also never seen before. It seems that they started to use new codes. I read that last October LV opened new factory in France, so I think that maybe these new codes are used for items manufactured there, but I don’t know this for sure.
That’s interesting. Maybe that’s the case then.

I bought my OTG GM yesterday which stamped as made in Italy. It started as FP too. I called to Louis Vuitton they said they never post any serial code on their website so they couldn't explained how to figure out with serial code. But I bought it from Louis Vuitton boutigue in Australia. So i can say it is New code for OTG in Italy.

Hello everyone! Newbie here. Has anyone ever seen a date code beginning with the letters FP? It’s on a new OTG bag, made in Italy. Thanks!
I exchanged an OTG GM MIF (because of several tiny dots on canvas) for a new OTG GM MII today in a LV boutique in the US. It says FP3220.

Hi! I’m trying to sell this LV epi card holder and the potential buyer was asking me about the date code, but I can’t find any date code. I bought it at the LV store in Paris, so I know it’s authentic. Is there date code on this LV card holder? If yes, where is it?? TIA!7F3469D8-6480-4E1F-A498-E9B63F9E6592.jpeg

Where is your date code on your zippy coin purse? Do you have pic of zipper pull?

my date code is inside the inner pockets. But there’s models that have it near the back pocket.

plus the engraving of my zipper pull looks more imbedded and not like just the service layer. Hard to Explain.

I just received my online purchase of a Palm Springs mini made in France but with the code ML 2230 (meaning it was probably only made 2 weeks ago!). My research into the many sites with exhaustive lists of existing country codes do not list this code as a French workshop. It looks very authentic and my instincts are that it probably is a new workshop code but because it is an online purchase I am just afraid it might be a counterfeit return :sad: any ideas?
I am glad to have found this comment. I received my palm springs mini last week with date code ML3220 MIF and same as you I wondered if ML is a new factory in France because I could not find it on any list online.

Hey everyone, I bought this beautiful Louis Vuitton valet leather key holder recently. This is a 2013 release. I noticed the hardware is engraved Made In Italy but the date code is CA which is Spain. Any idea if this is normal and if Louis Vuitton did this on accessories or key charms/holders back then? I looked up the item name/code online KEY HOLDER VALET DAMIER M66955 and saw some that are CA and some BC which is Italy. So I am very confused now.

IMG_4709.jpeg

IMG_4710.jpeg

IMG_4712.jpeg

Last edited:
I just received a Victorine wallet, but have questions about its authenticity. The date code is FY4189 and it was “Made in Italy.” It doesn’t necessarily smell like leather despite being “practically unused” and the card slots are really easy to slide cards in and out of (another red flag). The biggest red flag, however, is the location of the snap hardware. Every Victorine I’ve seen has the “outie” on the flap and the “innie” on the coin slot flap. The one I received is reversed. Attaching image to show. I’ve reached out to the seller, but should I also alert Ebay? It wasn’t a cheap fake if that’s what it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi, I've seen a LV wallet with country code FY - has anyone got this code too?
It's not on any of the websites and am worried it's fake. The wallet says made in Italy though

I’ve just posted a nearly identical question regarding a Victorine wallet. The date code is FY4189. The seller insists it’s authentic and that she purchased it from the LV boutique, but I cannot find any FY codes for a Made in Italy piece. It seems that the websites should have been updated to include this factory code by now if it’s legitimate.