Help - colour transfer!!!

MrsLedger

Apr 1, 2013
Please help me, my plaster pink lily has some marks on the back of the bag and clochette!! I've let my sister use the bag at a wedding, her dress is a light colour so I am unsure how this has happened. I've tried a baby wipe to no avail - can anyone help? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408811688.424163.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408811697.481370.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1408811705.305862.jpg

have a go at searching threads on the forum / google .. just found this (copy extract below) from a Chanel thread (NB .. i do not know if this will work so please try any method on the least noticeable area first !!!) xx's Holls

"If it was a scuff or transfer that hadn't yet penetrated the patent then the stain can be removed with non-acetone nail polish remover. That's how we cleaned all of our Louis Vuitton Vernis (patent leather) bags. But Linda is right, if it's penetrated under the patent there's nothing that can be done. The transfer is permanent."

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/help-how-to-undo-transfer-staining-blush-patent-232373.html

I restore a lot of bags... And you will think this odd, but please trust me :smile: hairspray. Spray onto a clean white cloth and wipe it. It's the best thing I have ever found for marks to patent x

I restore a lot of bags... And you will think this odd, but please trust me :smile: hairspray. Spray onto a clean white cloth and wipe it. It's the best thing I have ever found for marks to patent x

Alegedly works for haircolour on clothing too but im not messy enough to have had to put it into practice :biggrin:

Something similar happened to me - I used baby wipes - they lift the marks off without damaging the bag - I couldn't even tell there had been any marks after (and it was my snowball coloured effie and dye from my jeans that was the culprit)