HELP! color transfer on rebecca minkoff lambskin :(

allurella

elise
Jul 23, 2010
norway/paris
hi fellow tPFers!

i bought this rebecca minkoff desire handbag in light pink in spring of 2012, and the first time i wore it my (many-times-washed) black jeans transfered a dark color onto my light colored bag. i was so sad & tried to google how to get rid of it (didn't think of tPF until now...), i tried with water and a dry cloth, and while it removed SOME of the stain - it didn't all go away.

so, as a last resort i'm asking you guys! can anybody help me with any tips & tricks on how to remove this color transfer? or is it a lost cause? :shucks:

thanks xx

(the leather, as stated in the title, is lambskin)

Last edited:

sallysal70

sallysal70
Jan 10, 2013
south florida
I have ruined so many light color bags this way. Any large bag that comes below the waist where the jeans hit are subjected to color transfer whether they are dark blue jeans or black jeans. You need a good shoe repair service that is reputable & they can remove the color transfer safely. Please do not use a wet cloth because it will leave a water stain (the hardest stain to get out is water) & will most likely remove some of the natural leather color. Sometimes you can also send it back to the vendor/designer through the store you bought it from & they will clean it for you for a nominal charge.

allurella

elise
Jul 23, 2010
norway/paris
I have ruined so many light color bags this way. Any large bag that comes below the waist where the jeans hit are subjected to color transfer whether they are dark blue jeans or black jeans. You need a good shoe repair service that is reputable & they can remove the color transfer safely. Please do not use a wet cloth because it will leave a water stain (the hardest stain to get out is water) & will most likely remove some of the natural leather color. Sometimes you can also send it back to the vendor/designer through the store you bought it from & they will clean it for you for a nominal charge.
thank you x i guess there's nothing i can do, then :sad: i bought the bag while living in the us, so it'll be too expensive to send the bag & try to get it fixed. luckily the stain is on the back of the bag, so it's still perfect on the front. still, it really sucks! i'm turned off light colored bags, haha.