Help! City or PT?

Swanky-panky

Mar 22, 2010
Hello again! I'm at the point of actually ordering my first bbag, and I'm stuck! Giant City or Giant Part-Time? The City has such a classic shape, but the Part-Time has a longer strap (important to me) and is no slouch shape-wise. Since this is my first one, I'd really appreciate your suggestions!

Between the city and pt is a hard choice. Personally I love the city strap, I am short so shorter straps work well for me. The part time is bigger, but the strap isn't really really long, it will sit a little higher, or at least it did on me....still wearable crossbody but I think the new velo is a more comfy crossbody...at least it looks like it in phots since I haven't seen one IRL yet.

Good luck deciding!

My fav Bal style if the City!! Love the classic shape. But I just got my very first PT and I love this one too.

When you say you want a longer strap, is that because you want to wear the bag messenger style? I'm 5'7" and I personally think the PT strap is too short for me to wear it this way. If this is important to you and are tall you may want to consider the Velo as well? If not, i would go for the City;)

i got a City as my second bbag (1st was a brief) and i desperately want a PT as the second.

i carry loads and i find the City gets a bit too full and i cant close it properly, but i still love it.

I prefer the PT, especially with Giant HW!!!

The strap is long enough on me (5'5") that it can be worn both cross body and on the shoulder, and the drop of the handles is long enough for me to wear the bag comfortably on my shoulder by the handles. Such a versatile bag!