Help! Choosing my first LV Wallet

ivette29

May 25, 2020
I am torn between these two beauties! I love the simplicity of the Zippy and the Fuchia on the Rosalie. I want to pick one that’ll last me a long time and won’t have to sell later on. Anyone that has pros and cons for either, please drop your comments.

Attachments

• B1BBE470-0A36-4A0A-ABFD-68AED2FA3782.png
    B1BBE470-0A36-4A0A-ABFD-68AED2FA3782.png
    346.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 4CCAF443-4D67-4C07-80F0-7C88F24A3E3F.png
    4CCAF443-4D67-4C07-80F0-7C88F24A3E3F.png
    360.5 KB · Views: 231
I prefer the envelope style wallet, so my pick for Rosalie but you have to deal with the peeling button. I have an Epi ZCP which I barely use as I find it hard to remove the cards from the CC slots. With that price range, you may want to consider Micro Wallet, if you don’t need to carry coins, it comes with a brass button.
But I strongly recommend the Empreinte Key Pouch which is similar to Rosalie with a key hook.

I have the zippy coin purse in DE with rose ballerina interior and I like it but I don’t carry it much unless I use one of my smaller bags. My everyday wallet is the mono Clemence. I don’t have any experience with the Rosalie.

Reactions: ivette29
I like my new ZCP DE with brown interior and my Rosalie (first LV wallet). I was surprised how much bigger the ZPC than the Rosalie. However, use is dependent on the matching bag. If I had to do it all over, I should have first gone with the micro wallet or ZCP.

Reactions: ivette29 and nvie
I get the dilemma. I have a Sarah mono fuchsia wallet and I love the color pop. But you said you want to keep this piece for a long time and I think long term, the zippy is going to wear better and longer. (The Rosalie is adorable but the leather button and the leather zipper pull are red flags for me). So how about you get the zippy and eventually add the fuchsia card holder to go with it?

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 1.11.20 PM.png

Reactions: ivette29
I really am leaning towards the Rosalie, what’s stopping me is that Ive recently heard about applying a coat of clear nail polish on the button to avoid color discoloration. What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone tried it? If so, does it work?

I don’t think I would apply polish lacquer to leather because I think it would crack when it dries over time.

Best way to preserve would be to circulate your wallets just like handbags. I circulate between Tory Burch cardholders and LV wallets...but I mostly use my TB for going to nail salon and supermarket. I paid $50 for a leather quilted silver TB cardholder on 6pm and it’s brand spanking with no cracks after 2 years. If LV can’t hold up to TB, then I’m making poor Economic choices.

Reactions: Stansgirl