HELP, choosing my first Chanel

lovelyviolet

Aug 20, 2011
I am planning to get my first Chanel bag.

I really love the light beige m/l flap bag with ghw eventhough I dont wear any gold jewellery.
But as it is $4650 here in Australia and I didn't discover my love for Chanel bag until I came back from my holiday in Europe a few months ago, if I want to get this bag, it is kind of over my budget.

On the other hand, the new mini or flap clutch bag is more affordable if I can use this word to describe Chanel.

Should I get a mini/ clutch bag or keep saving for a couple more months to get my m/l and risk the price increase?

I am planning to get my first Chanel bag.

I really love the light beige m/l flap bag with ghw eventhough I dont wear any gold jewellery.
But as it is $4650 here in Australia and I didn't discover my love for Chanel bag until I came back from my holiday in Europe a few months ago, if I want to get this bag, it is kind of over my budget.

On the other hand, the new mini or flap clutch bag is more affordable if I can use this word to describe Chanel.

Should I get a mini/ clutch bag or keep saving for a couple more months to get my m/l and risk the price increase?
I think the Price increase in either in Dec or Jan...askkkk everyone for early Christmas money contributions towards your m/l flap!

If think you should save up money your own, just wait a little longer, I know, the price increase is insane and it's almost like people are panicking. But I think you will be much much happier with the bag when you bought it from your own earning money then whenever you buy it from Christmas money. But that's just my opinion. If you can't wait longer, then find something in your budget you like. The m/l is such a classic, it won't run away

i agree - ask for christmas money earlier - but only if you're really close to them and they won't mind. but if you're asking for christmas money then you seem to be pretty young.

you can also "work" your way to saving to the bag of your dreams.

no worries tho, just bear with the price increase because there will be no substitute to what you really want.

good luck!

I'm agreeing with the above here...don't settle for a bag just to satiate your needs for now--save up and get one that you won't want to let go of (or replace!) down the road.

Echoing what everyone else here has said. Save your money for what you truly want and love. Then it will be worth every penny, price increase or not. The light beige with GHW is gorgeous! You will be so happy you waited for the right one :smile:

Is this going to be your only Chanel? If so, I say buy it in the store. If not, why don't you look to get your dream bag gently used from a trusted re-seller? That way you get the bag you want now for the money that you already have and can keep any Christmas money you may receive.

I say get the m/l if you don't own a flap back yet. The mini flap/clutch is cute but it's not as classic as the actual flap. Trust me, it's a great investment so it's going to worth your money.

I am completely new on the topic of chanel. Forgive me if I am totally wrong. Judging from what I know from pictures and dimension, mini and m/l are very similar in shape/design/style, except m/l is slightly larger.

Are you saying mini is not as classic as m/l, because ...?

I say get the m/l if you don't own a flap back yet. The mini flap/clutch is cute but it's not as classic as the actual flap. Trust me, it's a great investment so it's going to worth your money.

I am completely new on the topic of chanel. Forgive me if I am totally wrong. Judging from what I know from pictures and dimension, mini and m/l are very similar in shape/design/style, except m/l is slightly larger.

Are you saying mini is not as classic as m/l, because ...?

i just compared new mini, s flap and m/l flap in the store. i will buy the mini on monday, it is exactly the same as s or m/l flap, same details (4 chain holes, cc-lock etc.) there is no difference at all considering the outside.

i had the same dilemma, thinking about sizes. but i will get the new mini because it is beautiful and the price is "o.k." for the totally classic looking bag AND you can wear it crossbody (SA told me that you cannot wear m/l that way).
of course, only you know what you really want but i can tell you, how i handle it: i buy new mini and then save up for m/l flap. and come on? which chanel lover would be satisfied with only one bag, once you got hooked with it???? ;)

I am planning to get my first Chanel bag too.:smile:,same situation,still think get a M/L or timeless clutch?
another question, my friend going to Paris next week, the price will be cheaper than US?
thanks!