Help choosing first Chanel

jmh

jbird
Aug 2, 2008
I would say none of the above.

I would look for a baby cabas or cabas. Depending on how much you like the carry the PST is small enough for day and for casual dinners out. A medium flap is also good for day and for night if you don't need to carry much.

The modern chain with the metal links (not resin) is back in the boutiques for fall. I also love the red or black baseball spirit. I have seen it IRL and it is big so I'm not sure how it would look for dinners out.

Among the 3 your posted I think the drill would be the most likely all-occasion bag. I am personally not a fan of the ligne but I do know someone who has the bag and totally rocks it. Also since the 3 bags you picked are all seasonal, I think the drill is the one more likely to stand the test of time.

chose something that goes with most of you clothing, or a neutral color like black, and a size in between nothing to hughe and nothing to small.. a medium large flap could be the best bet.... and well imo a clasic flap could be better.... than the rest of the options, but at the end it depends on you and what you really love....

I like the drill best. I have it in dark silver and it is really pretty, durable and comfortable. It holds a lot but does not look too big. I would transition from day to night well.
Another idea might be the classic jumbo flap or the in and out flap. They are both nice too! good luck and let us know what you decide!

IMO they're all nice. For a lot of us any of them would work fine from day to night.
I'm a casual Mom to 3 kids, I am not about to switch out my bag for dinner w/ my family at a casual restaurant.
ALl of them can be very versatile IMO.