Alexander Wang Help choosing black rocco/rockie hw

Munchkinxx

O.G.
Jul 9, 2010
Hi everyone! So I'm new to AW and was hoping to be graced with your advice.

I'm thinking of getting the Rocco though I'm a bit concerned whether it'll be too big on my frame. I'm 5.1". Any ladies out there about the same height with modelling pics?

Also, I'm torn between getting gold/pale gold. I love gold and wear the occasional white gold. Would getting the pale gold be a better option for me? Is pale gold still available online? I wish I could see the colours IRL. Your advice is appreciated!

ETA: Should I even consider rose gold? In some pictures I've come across it's a lovely gold colour, however I've also seen it turn up a true rose gold colour with more reddy/pinky tones? Is rose gold a true rose gold colour?

I had a Rocco and loved it.. it got damaged during the time that I had it so I ended up selling it. Now when I pick up a Rocco (when it's not broken in), the leather is much stiffer and felt huge on my frame (I'm 5'2") - the Rocco's now aren't bigger than the one I had before so I don't know why I suddenly felt like this.. but now I want a Rockie because I think the size is better for me.

I like the brass hardware the best.. I've got some photos in the past in the action pic thread. The pale gold hardware is also really nice in my opinion :smile:

I had a Rocco and loved it.. it got damaged during the time that I had it so I ended up selling it. Now when I pick up a Rocco (when it's not broken in), the leather is much stiffer and felt huge on my frame (I'm 5'2") - the Rocco's now aren't bigger than the one I had before so I don't know why I suddenly felt like this.. but now I want a Rockie because I think the size is better for me.

I like the brass hardware the best.. I've got some photos in the past in the action pic thread. The pale gold hardware is also really nice in my opinion :smile:

Hmmm, I compared the Rocco to Prada BN2274 and they're practically the same size and that fits me well! Is pale gold still available online? I've only seen it come in all other colours BUT pale gold!

I faced a similar dilemma a few weeks ago. I had a Rocco but it is very heavy IMO so I sold it. Then I discovered the cute Rockie....a perfect size for my small frame.

The problem came when I was trying to find a pebbly black leather Rockie with shiny gold hardware....there was NONE :nogood:
The shiny gold studs came with the soft pebbled leather which is very pretty but I preferred the rugged pebbly leather look.
So I ended up buying the black Rockie with brass hardware.
Maybe in the future I can find my dream combo of black bubbly pebbled leather with shiny gold studs!

ETA: Should I even consider rose gold? In some pictures I've come across it's a lovely gold colour, however I've also seen it turn up a true rose gold colour with more reddy/pinky tones? Is rose gold a true rose gold colour?

The rose gold is a shiny gold with copper pinkish tones to it.
check out this beauty that was a pre-order on the Nordstrom website ...it will give you an idea of what the rose gold looks like
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/alexander-wang-rockie-leather-satchel/3459622

Awww. AW doesn't send to Australia either!

I faced a similar dilemma a few weeks ago. I had a Rocco but it is very heavy IMO so I sold it. Then I discovered the cute Rockie....a perfect size for my small frame.

The problem came when I was trying to find a pebbly black leather Rockie with shiny gold hardware....there was NONE :nogood:
The shiny gold studs came with the soft pebbled leather which is very pretty but I preferred the rugged pebbly leather look.
So I ended up buying the black Rockie with brass hardware.
Maybe in the future I can find my dream combo of black bubbly pebbled leather with shiny gold studs!

Pebbled leather with shiny studs sounds devine. I saw a girl wearing it at Pitt St mall in Sydney today! The size looked perfect on her. I wonder if it's hard getting into the bag. Keep looking! Not a fan off brass hardware.

The rose gold is a shiny gold with copper pinkish tones to it.
check out this beauty that was a pre-order on the Nordstrom website ...it will give you an idea of what the rose gold looks like
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/alexander-wang-rockie-leather-satchel/3459622

Thanks for the link. I have crossed rose gold off my list as it's not me =)

I'm leaning towards the Rockie now due to size. Seems like Rockie will look better on my frame with the shoulder strap. Ladies who own a Rockie, what can you fit in it?

I'm leaning towards the Rockie now due to size. Seems like Rockie will look better on my frame with the shoulder strap. Ladies who own a Rockie, what can you fit in it?

I don't stuff my Rockie because it gets quite heavy, but I can comfortably fit a long wallet, phone, keys, an agenda, and a few make up items. I have no doubt you could fit a small makeup bag in as well as a snack or a water bottle.

If you're 5'1", a rockie would be perfect for you. I own two now and it's a perfect look. I wouldn't be mad if it was a tiny bit bigger but I think it's wonderful overall.

I'm also 5'1" and always thought the Rocco was huge on me because I picked it up in a department store stuffed with a ridiculous omount of paper... Recently I was able to try them on again (in all hw options) and took all of the paper out and just put my belongings in and fell instantly in love! I got the black/silver but the silver looks more like gunmetal to me... Anyway the long strap is adjustable to it fits me perfectly! I tried the Rockie as well but the Rocco was definately the one for me... Here are a couple pics of mine (not the best but hopefully it helps)... I got her about 2 weeks ago and can't stop using her... :love:

FYI... if you can't find the color combo you want online... try calling stores... I got mine from Nordstrom and they had all of the hw combos...

Attachments

• IMG_5583R.jpg
    IMG_5583R.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_5586R3.jpg
    IMG_5586R3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 674
I'm also 5'1" and always thought the Rocco was huge on me because I picked it up in a department store stuffed with a ridiculous omount of paper... Recently I was able to try them on again (in all hw options) and took all of the paper out and just put my belongings in and fell instantly in love! I got the black/silver but the silver looks more like gunmetal to me... Anyway the long strap is adjustable to it fits me perfectly! I tried the Rockie as well but the Rocco was definately the one for me... Here are a couple pics of mine (not the best but hopefully it helps)... I got her about 2 weeks ago and can't stop using her... :love:

FYI... if you can't find the color combo you want online... try calling stores... I got mine from Nordstrom and they had all of the hw combos...

I LOVE IT! :love:
I agree. Even in the pic it looks gunmetal.

It's done. Rocco it is! Now to decide on gold or pale gold :smile: