help choosing alexa

MESSY

O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
Cheshire, UK
hi, can you please help me pick a colour for alexa i think i have it down to 2 ink or oak regular i keep changing my mind i love the black but think it might be to delicate for me and pros and cons to consider....
i would like to compare both side by side but i am having trouble finding both in stock anywhere.
thanks in advance

ztory

O.G.
Jan 13, 2010
Sweden
There will be a black alexa in buffalo leater soon i guess.... It is under coming soon on mulberry.com. Maybe that will be something for you?

chloe-babe

O.G.
May 1, 2006
United Kingdom
of the two, I think I am loving the Ink a little more. I think tan is absolutely classic, but if I was to choose a tan, it would be the oak leopard!!

You just need to think about what colours you wear the most, but both are gorgeous!

Good luck, its a tough decision!

MESSY

O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
Cheshire, UK
thanks chloe-babe i think the ink is my favorite i called mulberry this morning and sa was putting me off it a bit saying you will get fed up of the colour and to look at tan...

Linnea

O.G.
May 3, 2008
I would also go for ink in this case. There are lots of lovely bags in oak/tan, but not as many blue bags available. I think the Alexa in ink is stunning!

MESSY

O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
Cheshire, UK
linnea and laura-m thanks for your advice, my dh has been saying for a while to just get it, but its so expensive i keep thinking the colour has to be perfect for me at that price. then finding stock is another story..

lola73

Jan 1, 2010
Ireland
Hi Messy - I think you can guess what I am going to say.....Ink, Ink, Ink.

Don't mind the SA - it's a colour you won't get tired of. Mulberry do a lot of oak bags but very few in blue. It's more unusual and I think it goes with loads. I wore mine today with a blue dress, black opaques, black boots and coat and the ink Alexa and I thought it looked great (well I would, wouldn't I?).
If you wear jeans - it looks absolutely great. I just love mine so I totally recommend Ink. I spent a long time deliberating and to be honest I only came round to Ink at the end - but it was totally the right choice.

I also agree with chloe - if not Ink then go with OL which is stunning!

You're right to take your time though - it is expensive so you have to make the right choice.

MESSY

O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
Cheshire, UK
wow tireebabe, you have one for any outfit all stunning dont know how you choose each day, i keep clicking on each of your pictures lol. beautiful collection

thanks lola, like yourself it will be first full price bag. i was quite shocked that sa said that to me because she said the oak will be around next season..

thanks for your info im going to look at everones pictures again

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Scotland
thanks Messy, I've just rehomed the black Alexa as although she is gorgeous I just don't seem to use black bags.

At the moment I am using my OL Alexa as she is the newest :smile:

lola73

Jan 1, 2010
Ireland
Let us know what you're thinking - it's a hard decision to make isn't it?
The full price was a big leap for me I have to say. I am frantically ebaying to help me with the cost but I think it was worth it.

I wonder does anyone have an opinion on possible future resale values? Is the oak the classic which will hold it's value better than the seasonal colours or will the seasonal colours be rarer? I suppose because the Alexa is so new it is difficult to predict.

figarogirl

Nov 4, 2009
UK
Hi Messy, I would say go for Oak Alexa, I absolutely love using mine and she goes with everything. But whatever you choose will be lovely, all the colours are nice.