Help choosing 21st birthday present?

vancleef

Jun 14, 2015
Hello all!

I'd like to ask for some advice in choosing my 21st birthday present! I'm currently torn between the two following lovely pieces at VCA:

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/ca/en...hambra/vcaro85900-sweet-alhambra-pendant.html

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/ca/en...mbra/vcaro9va00-vintage-alhambra-pendant.html

I love the daintiness of the sweet alhambra with the diamonds, but am also quite drawn to the malachite. I've been dying to have a vintage alhambra malachite pendant for years (you can check my post history lol) and they finally came out with it about 5 months ago! My concern is that the saleswoman told me the malachite is quite a delicate stone.

Also, I'm looking for something that will be a good addition to my collection. I currently have the VCA Alhambra pendant in solid yellow gold, which I wear nearly every day. So is the malachite too similar to that in terms of use?

Also if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear.

Thank so much!!!

Hello all!

I'd like to ask for some advice in choosing my 21st birthday present! I'm currently torn between the two following lovely pieces at VCA:

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/ca/en...hambra/vcaro85900-sweet-alhambra-pendant.html

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/ca/en...mbra/vcaro9va00-vintage-alhambra-pendant.html

I love the daintiness of the sweet alhambra with the diamonds, but am also quite drawn to the malachite. I've been dying to have a vintage alhambra malachite pendant for years (you can check my post history lol) and they finally came out with it about 5 months ago! My concern is that the saleswoman told me the malachite is quite a delicate stone.

Also, I'm looking for something that will be a good addition to my collection. I currently have the VCA Alhambra pendant in solid yellow gold, which I wear nearly every day. So is the malachite too similar to that in terms of use?

Also if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear.

Thank so much!!!
I also vote for the malachite because you have wanted it so long and the diamond pendant will always be available. Shorter necklaces aren't subjected to the wear and tear of other jewelry like rings, bracelets, earrings (phones, big hugs) so I don't think you have to worry about the delicacy of the stone. As long as you remove before showering and applying sprays (hair, perfume...) and store it on something soft it should be fine.
But since you asked about other suggestions...have you considered the limited holiday pendants? If you can stand the wait, the SA's will know what the limited holiday pendants stone/color material will be by late summer/early fall. You don't see many of those and it would be specific to the year you turn 21. Have a wonderful birthday and let us know which one you end up getting.

I also vote for the malachite because you have wanted it so long and the diamond pendant will always be available. Shorter necklaces aren't subjected to the wear and tear of other jewelry like rings, bracelets, earrings (phones, big hugs) so I don't think you have to worry about the delicacy of the stone. As long as you remove before showering and applying sprays (hair, perfume...) and store it on something soft it should be fine.
But since you asked about other suggestions...have you considered the limited holiday pendants? If you can stand the wait, the SA's will know what the limited holiday pendants stone/color material will be by late summer/early fall. You don't see many of those and it would be specific to the year you turn 21. Have a wonderful birthday and let us know which one you end up getting.

Thank you so much for all of your replies!! Sorry for my late response, I've been thinking about this a little more lately.

I suppose one thing that's bothering me about the malachite is that it seems all the major HF jewelry brands (Chopard, Cartier) have recently come out with it, and it seems trendy somehow. What do you all think?

I'll also be working in Paris this summer and feel with the diamond pendant I could easily bring it with me and wear every day without worry. Diamonds are also my birthstone!

What do you all think?

Thank you so much for all of your replies!! Sorry for my late response, I've been thinking about this a little more lately.

I suppose one thing that's bothering me about the malachite is that it seems all the major HF jewelry brands (Chopard, Cartier) have recently come out with it, and it seems trendy somehow. What do you all think?

I'll also be working in Paris this summer and feel with the diamond pendant I could easily bring it with me and wear every day without worry. Diamonds are also my birthstone!

What do you all think?
I vote for the diamond pendant.
If you can stretch your funds for the vintage size, even better although the subtly of the sweet is lovely as well.